ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (CoolWill), 250 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#176113 03/20/08 06:25 PM
W
wiking Offline OP
I've been working on a job that had been invaded by sprinkler fitters a couple of weeks back. These guys figured that the best place they could put the insulation when they were working on the ceiling was right on top of the 2x4 flourescent lights, which are older and have t-12 ballasts and lamps. I've cleaned off several, about three a day over a period of about a week and told the owner that he should get them back in to clean it up. The owner said they were contracted through the gc and was going to put it on them.
Supposedly the gc had a guy go around himself and clean them off, but today I went in the conference room where there are about twenty cans and cleaned off three from the area I was.
Now I probably like insulation about the least of anyone you know, but I don't think it's my job and my boss doesn't want to pay me for going around and cleaning up someone elses mess like that on his time, but what would you do?
I've warned them three times. Should I keep hollering about it until everyone is pissed off at me or would your conscience be clear? I plan on informing any sprink I see to not do such in the future.

wiking #176193 03/24/08 08:39 PM
talking commonsense with a sprinkler fitter is an exercise in futility .... you'll just wear out your lungs ..
they are IMO the slobs of the universe

maybe some insulation should "accidently" land in the tenant space

Tom
togol #176196 03/24/08 10:48 PM
Bill em! For your time. It speaks volumes.

Ob

Choose your customers, don't let them choose you.

Link Copied to Clipboard