ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 260 guests, and 19 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#170498 11/04/07 05:27 PM
Trumpy Offline OP
We haven't had one of these threads in a wee while, so I thought I'd open the floor up and let the new folks here say hello.
Please feel free to introduce yourself here.

Thought I saw a few 'new' "Jersey Guys" hanging around??

John
S
Thanks for the warm welcome, it's good to be here. I've actually been reading the posts here for probably about 2 years, but figured it was about time to speak up.

I'm 35 and a fresh journeyman, became certified about 8 months or so ago. My first three years in the trade were spent doing strictly residential work, then I made the move to commercial and light industrial work.

I used to work in another trade (commercial/industrial roofing), but it was too seasonal and after the birth of our son I realized that he deserved to have food on the table for all the months of the year, not just the nice weather ones. Going back to being an apprentice again has been pretty tough on us financially but I'm so glad I made the switch, this work is great; I get to use my brain instead of my brawn. I just wish that I had made the change a lot earlier in my life, I see young guys that I work with who are better off financially at 24 than I am at 35...oh well, c'est la vie!

I've been very impressed from the first time I stumbled upon this site. Everyone here is so willing to help each other. The restraint that you show is refreshing too. Like when somebody asks about a somewhat simple problem, yet they don't understand the responses and explanations...and nobody lambastes them and calls them a noob. That's nice to see.

Anyway, thanks again for the welcome, you're good company to find myself in.

Shawn.

P
Welcome aboard all new members. Don't be afraid to jump in and tell us a little about yourself. We don't tote our guns around friendly folks in these parts! smile

Link Copied to Clipboard