ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (gfretwell), 32 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#1664 05/20/01 01:46 PM
I've found some pretty wierd things in attics, sealed walls, and the like through the years. To wit:
. An elephant foot (yes, real) hollowed out like a bucket in my friend's attic after he'd lived there 15 yrs.
. The address of the Prime Minister of England ("#10 Downing St") written on the inside of a wall in 3' letters.
. An "RG22" pistol made mostly of pot metal that shot as much lead out the sides of the cylinder gap as the barrel (found in a wall)
. While working in Movieland Wax Museum, a spare WC Fields head rolled off a shelf and hit me when I bumped into the attic wall accidentally. (This REALLY unnerved me)

I'll bet some of you have found some odd things as well. Care to share?

#1665 05/20/01 03:48 PM
I found a 1800's pair of spectacles, the owner let me keep. I wear them with my revolutionary war uniform with the Andrew Lewis Volunteers, Fife and Drum Corps .

Kind of related...
A hotel in a city a little NW of me has load centers made of oak, with glass dead fronts, copper busses, and fuse-wire for the OCPD's.
Still hot and in use too! They're works of art, absolutely beautiful! I'll try to get pics, the next time I'm there... They've got to be what, close to 100 years old?!?! WOW!!

[This message has been edited by sparky66wv (edited 05-20-2001).]

-Virgil
Residential/Commercial Inspector
5 Star Inspections
Member IAEI
#1666 05/20/01 05:07 PM
S
I was running a conduit thru the back of a closet in a club to get from basement to attic.......
( i'll not mention the orginization on line)
i was stepping on some tin boxes in said closet that seemed fairly sturdy, but i took a dive , the tin box opened, and a skull rolled out!
After the inital shock , i found that the rest of the boxes held femurs, pelvis, tibia, fibula, etc....
On pointing this out to a member , he only said " he did'nt pay his dues"
[Linked Image]

#1667 05/21/01 07:17 PM
D
I'll bet some of you have found some odd things as well. Care to share? [/B]

Lucky Lager beer can opened with churh key
Lucky Strike cigarette packages
Empty donut boxes with 19 cents printed right into the packaging

an addict's attic

#1668 05/22/01 07:21 PM
S
While working at a vet's office. I opened up a freezer and found it stuffed full of dead dogs and cats.

Found a stick marked Harry Landsdale 1931 in an old stone house that previously had no access to the attic until I cut a hole.

Found about 15 telephones rigged up to be butt sets hidden in the basement of the Coney Island Projects, apparently the "skells" were helping themselves to the phone trunks.

#1669 05/22/01 07:25 PM
S
My all time favorite, was in a house the laborer started ripping opens walls and floors to reveal that the floor joists were official NYPD street barricades that read POLICE LINE DO NOT CROSS painted blue the whole nine yards.

Link Copied to Clipboard