ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 255 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#158986 09/27/06 08:47 PM
W
We repair industrial machinery, and sometimes build electrical control consoles for machines. I am master electrician for the company, in this State, you have to be a master or employe one, then the company is an electricial contractor. That being me employed, what is my liability with the company? Say, we build a console, 3ph 480V with 100HP drive unit, some maintenance guy working or troubleshooting the machine, goes into console and gets zapped by 480V. What is my liability as master electrician? Does the maint guys company go after me or the company that I work for? We are a small company of four guys, I am only one licensed in electrical work. Am I also responsible for everyone's electrical work? Thanks in Advance for any info.

Latest Estimating Cost Guides & Software:
#158987 09/28/06 04:39 PM
T
It all depends on your state's particular laws and precedents. It also depends a lot on how your company is organized and the name listed on the license. If it is a corporation or LLC, then in TN the company would liable and not you personally, as the license is issued in the company name no matter who takes the test. If the license is in your personal name, then there is probably a good chance that you could be liable.

The best answer is for you to consult with a qualified attorney in your local jurisdiction. If it turns out the you are personally liable, then your attorney could advise you on what to do next.

Kevin

Kevin

Link Copied to Clipboard