ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
UL 508A SPACING
by ale348 - 03/29/24 01:09 AM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (ale348), 302 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
R
rowland Offline OP
First let me say Thank You to everyone, I just started my own business this year and have found reading this board valuable. I was thinking of offering service contracts to the doctor's offices around here. You know take care of their light bulbs, ballast, switches/outlets and small things like that. Maybe through in a few included service calls a year. I don't know of anyone offering a service like that here, but I really feel there could be a market for it. Has anyone offered a service contract like this? I would like your opinions, worth it? waste of time? worth a try? Thanks in advance.

Rowland

Latest Estimating Cost Guides & Software:
D
rowland, welcome to being an owner. Many challenges await you, both good and bad.

Let me start of with this:
http://www.veteranscorp.org/

Go to this site and read some of the info there. I know it is a veterans site, but there is plenty of free info there for anyone.
I reccomend reading it a couple times.

Service contracts. Sound good to me. Alot of AC guys do it, and make money on it, so why not you...There is a market for anything these days, depending on how much effort you put into researching the idea would be how much gain you get out of it..

Good luck..

E
The following link is from a company that assists plumbing and hvac companies (primarily) with advertising programs and assistance in improving their advertising systems.

They also have information on maintenance agreements.

I thought it might give some good information to use as a starting point.
http://www.hudsonink.com/smapp1.shtml

K
Hudson is working on EC "stuff" also. I harrased them to no end, and they claim to be thinking EC too....

We'll see.

Link Copied to Clipboard