A person in my shop asked me why his fridge shocked him while touching it and a water line. He told me someone else (shadetree electrician) just told him to connect a ground wire from the fridge to the water line and he wouldn't get shocked which he did. I advised him he better check his fridge for a problem and get it repaired before someone got hurt.
I do remember vividly that once I was moving a washing machine away from the wall and after the first pull, I moved my hand to get a better grip and laid my hands on the 110 power lead screws. Someone did not replace the sheetmetal cover over the connections! That was the first and only time I experienced not being able to let go while I was being juiced!
Re: Do anyone else get questions like this?#15386 10/16/0202:10 PM10/16/0202:10 PM
I remember visiting my father-in-law some years ago at his new apartment (in New Orleans) and he told me that he would get a shock whenever he took a shower from the water spray! Of course, being my in-law I promptly told him he was nuts. The next morning when I was in the shower, I'll be darned if the same thing didn't happen to me! I went outside and crawled under the house (no basements on most houses in New Orleans, you know) and I noticed a piece of romex with a tear in the insulation near the water line. It wasn't secured and neither was the pipe. Everytime you turned on the shower, the pipe would move around and come in contact with the wire! Who would've guessed that I'd have to apologize to him??
Re: Do anyone else get questions like this?#15388 10/17/0211:08 AM10/17/0211:08 AM