ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
Shout Box
Recent Posts
AreMetal Ladders Ever OK For Electrical Work?
by jwes2699. 01/21/18 05:58 PM
VDE 0100 to introduce AFCIs
by sparky. 01/20/18 05:09 PM
MRI LED lights dimmer control replacement - wow!
by Potseal. 01/19/18 08:52 PM
Video: Inventor of the GFCI self-testing shocks
by Bill Addiss. 01/17/18 11:11 PM
New in the Gallery:
Housebilding DIY wiring
SE cable question
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 15 guests, and 11 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Man electrocuted in 'freak accident' #149756
02/03/04 06:47 PM
02/03/04 06:47 PM
S
SAFTENG  Offline OP
Member
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 136
Cincinnati, OH, USA
Man electrocuted in 'freak accident'
A man has been electrocuted at Maclean in northern New South Wales.

The man's small dog was also killed in what police have desribed as "a freak accident".

They say a chicken wire fence built to contain the dog became live after an electrical short-circuit in a neighbouring house.

The 22-year old man was in bare feet and in the rain when he touched the fence, apparently trying to help the dog which was unconscious and lying near the fence.

Arc Flash PPE Clothing, LOTO & Insulated Tools
Re: Man electrocuted in 'freak accident' #149757
02/05/04 09:30 PM
02/05/04 09:30 PM
J
jeffrose  Offline
Member
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 33
Boston MA
A dog was killed in Boston (Charlestown)MA last night walking on the sidewalk by "a abandoned shorted out utility wire"

Re: Man electrocuted in 'freak accident' #149758
02/06/04 07:43 AM
02/06/04 07:43 AM
Trumpy  Offline

Member
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 8,231
SI,New Zealand
This sounds rather strange.
But, since when is a live fence, a "freak accident"?.
Also a short circuit in the neighbours house should not have livened the fence.
Really makes you wonder though, how on earth did the fence become live?
Was it because of a damaged underground cable?. [Linked Image]
Jeff,
I came across some wires protruding from a wall last week down the Main Street in town and just out of curiosity, tested them with my meter.
And they were hot with 230V!.
Sure these wires were about 6ft above the ground, but I can't people that there are people around that are so stupid that they leave live wires exposed.
Imagine the uproar, if a child had grabbed that Utility wire instead of a dog!. [Linked Image]
Some people just have no brains!.


Featured:

2017 Master Electrician Exam Preparation Combos
2017 NEC Electrician
Exam Prep Combos:
Master / Journeyman

 

Member Spotlight
electure
electure
Fullerton, CA USA
Posts: 4,264
Joined: December 2000
Show All Member Profiles 
Top Posters(30 Days)
Admin 21
sparky 16
Potseal 15
Popular Topics(Views)
243,587 Are you busy
180,382 Re: Forum
170,859 Need opinion
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.6.1
(Release build 20180101)
Page Time: 0.011s Queries: 14 (0.003s) Memory: 0.9512 MB (Peak: 1.0775 MB) Zlib enabled. Server Time: 2018-01-22 04:41:16 UTC