ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 255 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Admin Offline OP
Administrator
WASHINGTON, D.C. - In cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), Comarco Inc., of Irvine, Calif., is voluntarily recalling to replace about 125,000 detachable plugs on power adapters. The plug can break open and expose live wires, posing an electrocution or electric shock hazard to consumers.

Comarco has received 12 reports of the plugs breaking open, though no injuries have been reported.
Click >> more info

[Linked Image from cpsc.gov]

Arc Flash PPE Clothing, LOTO & Insulated Tools
S
Yet another failure of vigorous NRTL standards? I have often held similar goods in my hand wondering about the tax subsides paid to protect me from them.
This, however, i can determine to be crap from the pix alone.

T
Reminds me of a joke I read in the German newsgroup for electrical engineers.
"I wonder when we'll get the plug-in 28" color TV. "Plug-and-View", wall wart style!"

S
Hehehe...yeah, I was thinking of getting the plug attachment in question, sticking it in the inlet in back of my portable radio at work...and wall mounting it!! [Linked Image]

This "Targus" thing was a neat concept....however they forgot to keep in mind that plastic is pretty fragile...

Keep in mind you could probably still use the power-pack itself. Just attach a standard tape-recorder cordset to the inlet instead.

After all, the plug that is at fault here is essentially both ends of such a cordset, molded together without the flex in the middle.

This device was manufactured in the USA....what tax subsidies are paid?

Link Copied to Clipboard