On Saturday, February 22 the basement of a building in Yonkers, N.Y. caught fire. Authorities suspect that rain water leaked into the electrical panel and was responsible for the fire.
When I saw some of the footage on TV of the charred panel, the lugs looked like CHARCOAL. One thing that looked like a circuit breaker was cleanly cracked in two.
The fire left almost 700 residents homeless.
For the complete story, follow this link: http://www.thejournalnews.com/print_newsroom/022403/a0124ykevac.html
[This message has been edited by SvenNYC (edited 02-25-2003).]