ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
UL 508A SPACING
by ale348 - 03/29/24 01:09 AM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (ale348), 302 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#14264 09/18/02 04:29 PM
F
In general, what is required on "as built" drawings.
Actual conduit runs, etc.?

#14265 09/18/02 05:23 PM
D
Frank -

As builts - all our drawings just show the circuit/panel information - not actual runs (that could get pretty complicated)- generally, as an end user - we just need to see the circuit/panel information - as builts seldom even show amperage, voltage (that information is on the panel)....of course the end user can specify in the bid the extent of information given on the 'as builts' (such as amperage, voltage, etc.). I know we get more details are large installation (1200A panel will detail conduit type and size, conductor type and size, etc.)

#14266 09/18/02 05:32 PM
T
I have always had to show the locations of underground on the site plans,but not any interior runs of conduit.Other than that,its updated panel schedules,added relocated or changed ckts,switches,receptales,or lights;;,xfmer locations above ceilings,mech.equip.disconnects if equip.is relocated(this happens every job),updated fixture schedule,
It's good to leave a set of drwgs. inside a pvc tube(usually 4") mounted next to the panels.This helps anyone who has to work on this project(troubleshooting especially)in the future.

Donnie
#14267 09/18/02 08:00 PM
N
I always show underground conduit runs. I give trench width depth, centerline dimensions of grid lines or walls and what conduits are in them. For overhead I show where main conduit racks are. I keep equipment locations and device locations as acurate as posible and panel schedua/ circuiting info current. I try to acuratly show the order the devices are wired from the home run. (showing that actual conduit run is pretty cumbersom) And what I feel is really important is actual j-box locations. I try to leave it as if I were coming back to trouble shoot or add something in the future. Have you ever tryed doing a remodel where the building has important systems that can't be shut down and there are no as-builts or the as-builts are not accurate? What a nightmare! Fast track jobs are very difficult to keep up with but I feel we should do the best job we can when it comes to as builting a job. What is actually reqired is rarly spelled out however. On lots of jobs if you turn in some contract drawings with alot of red lines on them they will accept them.

#14268 09/18/02 08:53 PM
F
circuit changes and underground location are the most important.Was doing the second phase of a project and told the irrigation contractor all underground was mapped.He replied no problem he had his own pipe horn and did his own location after the utilities did theirs (damn near fell over)neadless to say this guy impressed me and did no damage to any underground on a 6 acre site.

#14269 09/18/02 09:45 PM
H
I have to agree with txsparky. Outside the conduit location, pull boxes, depth, lighting and recptacle, etc. is important. However inside it is not as critical. Location of panels, lights, outlets are more important inside.

Link Copied to Clipboard