ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 335 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
S
This has nothing to do with electrical, but I thought some of you that are computer experts might give me an idea of what I'm wanting to do.
I am trying to record something from an MP3 that was sent to me via email. I have purchased me a 1/8" stereo audio cable that will hook up to my computer, then to my tape deck. I'm not sure from this point where I go. Could anyone help me with this? Thanks a lot. It's for a good cause [Linked Image] Steve

P
Just hookup the lead from the LINE OUT jack on the sound card to the LINE or AUX IN on your tape deck.

Depending upon the model, the input on the deck might be a stereo jack, or might be two separate RCA sockets, so you may need to use an adapter or change the plugs on the end of the lead.

Make sure that the mixer settings for the sound card have the LINE OUT enabled and adjusted to a level suitable for the tape recorder, then just play the file using whatever MP3 media player you have installed on your system.

Link Copied to Clipboard