ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (CoolWill), 23 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#131447 08/28/03 06:43 PM
P
pauluk Offline OP
I have a strange problem with my AOL browser. Maybe we have a Windows Wizard who has some idea what might be wrong.

For some reason, I no longer seem to be able to fully access ECN using my AOL browser running under Windows 95. I can see the forum home page and I can access the individual thread listings for each forum, but trying to open any thread results in no response and an eventual "Connection timed out" error.

Most other links still work: I can access the FAQ, preferences, etc., but it won't bring up my profile page. \

All other sites I use are still working perfectly, which led to me to suspect it might be corrupted ECN cookies. or something like that.

I've tried deleting ECN cookies and re-setting my preferences, and I've also tried deleting all temporary files to force a re-load of every page, but still nothing.

The curious thing is that if I load Internet Explorer (the AOL-supplied version yet!), I can get into everything just fine.

Any ideas? [Linked Image]

#131448 08/28/03 10:45 PM
T
Paul:

The AOL browsers have been notorious for wreaking havoc with websites that otherwise are just fine.

I have found, when testing web pages in multiple browser/computer configurations, that there is not always a rhyme or reason to AOL's strange renderings (or complete lack of rendering) of web pages...

The best work-around is to open IE by itself. Otherwise, once it's boxed in, it fights [Linked Image]

#131449 08/29/03 06:56 AM
P
pauluk Offline OP
Thanks TG.

I've heard of people having problems with the AOL browser before, but I just couldn't figure out why it's behaving this way, when all other sites come up just fine and AOL is really just a hacked IE anyway.

At the moment I'm loading AOL to dial up and connect, then switching to IE5.5 to use ECN.

Link Copied to Clipboard