ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 265 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#130993 04/23/02 10:40 AM
2E1X4 Offline OP
I have been reading the board for a couple of months now and have learned a great deal from you all. I feel that I should at least give a little back...I'm not a Sparky (yet) and would like to offer my help to anyone out there that can use it. I am a computer programmer and have been working on computers for quite some time. You all seem very competent but if you get into a bind let me know, I hope that I can help...you have all helped me more than I can put into words.

Respectfully,
Brendan

Brendan Carroll
Ignorance is BISS
csofcc@comcast.net
#130994 04/23/02 12:12 PM
I am interested in a DVD burner so I can develop a DVD to be used during my training.

What would you recommend? Will we see a DVD burner in laptops soon?

If I send you some text of code stuff can you put it into a palm operating format or in a book format that can be read on a PDA?

Thanks for your help!

Joe

Joe Tedesco, NEC Consultant
#130995 04/23/02 02:25 PM
2E1X4 Offline OP
Joe,

DVD Burners on laptops should follow when the price drops. As for the choices out there I would recommend any name brand, don't want to say the name here, heard their was going to be a lawyer looking in...LOL. You are going to pay a little bit more for the name brand but you’re also getting the support that you WILL need. Make sure that the computer that you are going to be using it on is up to the challenge of the burning that you are going to be under taking. Also, there is aslew of software available to burn DVDs but I would say Nero is on the top of my list.

Here is a link for comparison shopping:
http://www.hifiheaven.com/mm-dvdrecorders.htm

As for the Palm, I use Windows CE based devices and don't know a lot about the Palm OS. If you send me the text I will see what I can do. I have a couple of friends that are Palm users/developers so I am sure that I can get something back to you...

Hope this helps,
Brendan

PS: I just came from an interview, got the job and start tomorrow...only four more years till I can test...LOL

Brendan Carroll
Ignorance is BISS
csofcc@comcast.net
#130996 05/31/02 07:33 PM
W
Brendan, I sure hope you can point me in the right direction. While on the internet my Internet Explorer changed its look, I no longer have the options I had previously selected on the task bar. I had not changed the settings in months. I have tried every way I know to get to where I can change the appearence without success.
Thanks in advance.
Wirewiz
Hope your stil around.

#130997 06/01/02 08:42 AM
2E1X4 Offline OP
If you can get a screen shot of the new Internet Explorer and send it to me I can help...need to know what it looks like and what is missing...

csofcc@attbi.com

Brendan Carroll
Ignorance is BISS
csofcc@comcast.net
#130998 06/10/02 06:07 PM
W
Brendan, I was fortunate to have my 10 year-old daughter help me with the problem. [Linked Image] Not sure how she knew but all I did was hit refresh and then re-boot. and I was able to re-set my toolbar the way I like. (She said the samething happened to her at school last week) Sorry for the delayed response have been very busy the last week.
Thanks again, Wirewiz

Link Copied to Clipboard