Got a call for power loss in the kitchen... found this beauty behind the fridge... The owner of this house states he has lived here for 23 years & that it wasn't installed by him, so these connections held up at least that long with a washer/dryer & a kitchen counter outlet downline!!
Solar, I looked around this house for anything similar to the Sierra outlet here & didn't find any... The kitchen had been remodeled, but no one ever bothered to change out this outlet... (outta sight, outta mind! :rolleyes
Re: Burnt Outlet#118135 08/30/0408:00 AM08/30/0408:00 AM
Last week I had a look at the wiring at my grandmother's place in Germany. About every single screw in the apartment was loose! I spent several days opening every single switch, receptacle, plug, power strip, trailing socket,... to retighten all screws. 2 plugs were already noticeably burnt from screws that were not only loose but obviously never had been tightened at all! Not to mention the box with double light switch and grounded receptacle with only black and grey wires inside (all black including the ground and a grey neutral)... or the brown ground wires in the bedroom...