This is one of many video clips I have from a training CD.
Mark Standifer received 2nd and 3rd degree burns over 40 percent of his body and was nearly killed when he was engulfed in an arc blast while performing an electrical task at a wastewater treatment plant. While installing relays on the door of a 13,800-volt switchgear, he made several crucial errors resulting in a tragedy that will affect Mark and his family for the rest of their lives. In this powerful program, viewers will see the mistakes Mark made and learn the lifesaving lessons from the incident. The importance of understanding all hazards of a job task and taking the necessary precautions to protect yourself from them is stressed throughout the video. Topics include always following safe electrical work practices, the dangers of complacency when performing electrical work, hazards of jewelry and flammable clothing and the purpose of an arc hazard analysis. The video also explains the reasons for arc flash regulations and the various clothing and personal protection required for hazard risk categories zero through four.
[This message has been edited by Joe Tedesco (edited 03-03-2005).]
Joe Tedesco, NEC Consultant
#105037 - 04/04/0403:54 PMRe: Video Clip of Arc Flash Accident
I'd think this shows something to be said about storage of combustible materials around electrical apparatus being repaired also! The barrel with the old oily rags around it ignited quite efficiently! Where's the Dry-Chem extinguisher? The can being worked on here looks like it might be Nema 9.
Nice mood music on this one too!
#105038 - 04/04/0404:31 PMRe: Video Clip of Arc Flash Accident