ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 255 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
T
Hey, everybody.

A local school with two campuses cleared out their older-model projectors and brought them our way. At first, they only brought a couple and I thought they would probably be worth dismantling. But they have since brought me about 30 more and the pile is getting a little intimidating. Scrap-wise, they aren't really worth much and they are still functional, though the lamps are pretty old. I had thought about putting them on sale online but the sheer volume has put me off. Since I don't have time to list them singly and I have never sold anything there with freight as a shipping option. Any suggestions? I could send them to our electronic waste removal but will I get paid if I give it to them?

Thanks!

G
I might sell them on eBay in 3 lots of 10...and let whoever buys them go to the trouble of selling them individually.
I've also seen listings there offering an item for sale but let's you buy more than 1.
How about doing that? If you get 30 people each wanting one or 1 guy wanting all 30 at least you're rid of them.

I wouldn't take them to the electronic waste place since then you'll end up paying out of your own pocket for the 'privilege' of throwing them away.

Last edited by ghost307; 10/31/18 07:14 AM.

Ghost307
Originally Posted by ghost307

I wouldn't take them to the electronic waste place since then you'll end up paying out of your own pocket for the 'privilege' of throwing them away.

Here you can take them to a HazMat / Electronics disposal facility for free.
There are 5 in my County alone.

G
If you were any closer I would make you an offer on the right one High lumen, long throw.

Greg Fretwell

Link Copied to Clipboard