ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 216 guests, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
C
Hi, I am not an electrician, just looking for some advice please - thanks. I am looking at putting a small swimming pool in an industrial unit to open a swim school. The existing RCD board is currently in zone 1 and has lots of surface mounted cabling serving the existing lights etc, some also in zone 1. The landlord doesn’t want the RCD to be moved. Is it possible to create an enclosure which would put the RCD and associated cabling into a safe zone or even out of the pool room altogether?
I just want to be safe and not harm any of my students who come to learn swimming. I will be calling an elecrical repair service to make it done if ever it is possible.
Thanks for your help.

Last edited by ChrisFuller; 10/29/18 01:07 AM.
I suggest that you contact a local Licensed Electrical Contractor!

Also, you may need plans from a local Licensed Engineer/Design Professional as IF you were proposing to do what you state here in NJ, you would need plans by a Lic. Professional.

I will leave this thread open for one of Canadian members to comment.

John
T
I think you should contact a professional for this and then he may guide you after having a look at the location

D
What did you end up doing, Chris? I'm planning something similar in the Spring and I'm wondering if this can be done on my own or do I have to consult a professional.

Dillow:

Just an FYI; this forum is NOT a solution to any DIY projects. Your profile states that you are an electrician.

The best and only advice that can be presented is to contact a qualified electrical contractor, that is licensed and insured in your area.

DIY for any type of swimming pool is not recommended by anyone here.

I am locking this thread as of now.

John

Link Copied to Clipboard