ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 220 guests, and 12 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#219732 10/23/18 12:22 AM
K
KevinL Offline OP
"Hi,
My name is Smith residing in Ontario. I am really looking for someone's help regarding led strip lights. I am half way through renovating our kitchen room with a new lighting plan to the next level. The kitchen is a standard sort U-shaped 2* windows but not a lot of natural light. So we are planning to install led strip lights on the corners . I am going through different lighting plans to buy led strip lights but all seem to be high level and I feel I would be wasting my time. Can someone provide clear suggestion .Is it good decision to buy led strip lights that suites in kitchen. What are the best type and inexpensive led strip lighting to buy? What is the working voltage of led strips? If you have any suggestions drop your comments .Thank you."

KevinL #219733 10/23/18 11:30 PM
G
If you are not going to be looking at the strip itself (indirect light) LED rope may be your best option. Just have your electrician install switched receptacles behind whatever you are shading the light with and plug them in.
I have mine under the toe kicks in the cabinets and overhead behind a cornice. They are on a motion detector. That is great for midnight snacking or just getting a drink of water. My girls are not using the fridge light for a night light.

Greg Fretwell

Link Copied to Clipboard