ECN Forum
Posted By: Trumpy Radio Spares Components??. - 04/24/07 06:50 AM
Any of you guys ever had dealings with RS Components before?.
I have an account with them and have had for some years, for lots of stuff that the store at work hasn't got.
Over the last couple of months, the reps seem to be rather "clingy" as in ringing me up at odd times in the day asking if there is anything I require from them.
Surely I would put an order in, if I needed stuff and I do order a LOT of stuff through them, but what gives?.
Anyone had the same experience?.
Posted By: Kenbo Re: Radio Spares Components??. - 04/24/07 02:43 PM
I have dealings with them though not directly. I have to order through our store-man at work so have no contact with reps unless I invite them in.

It is interesting what you say, because we also deal with CPC , and I know a couple of year’s back CPC took over Farnell so perhaps the competition is getting stronger.

I find RS more expensive than CPC but the service from RS is better.
Posted By: pauluk Re: Radio Spares Components??. - 04/24/07 02:47 PM
We used to use RS Components at BT, and I did have dealing with them myself for a while, but it's been a good few years. They're O.K. on some items, but far from being the cheapest when it comes to a lot of components (speaking from the U.K. side of RS, of course).

They spun-out the non-business market here to Electromail some years back. Electromail carries the full RS range and will sell to anybody.
Posted By: RODALCO Re: Radio Spares Components??. - 04/26/07 11:00 AM
We use them at work but i dump the advertising mail in the bin.
Haven't had silly calls from reps yet but i will tell them to b... off, I decide when i require their product, not them.

They have good products but the bargains are often a joke. Too expensive.

We also use Farnell components and Jaycars which have also a great stock for hard to get parts.
© ECN Electrical Forums