ECN Forum
Posted By: Kenbo Green tests and red tape! - 04/02/07 06:33 PM
Literally got my copy of “Which” magazine (yes I am a member) through the door today.
Thought I would share this article with you

Green tests and red tape!

Typical of Government bodies. The boss says one thing but does not tell anyone else (I should know)
Any one else came across this type of situation?
Posted By: pauluk Re: Green tests and red tape! - 04/03/07 11:46 AM
Well, down here in Sassenach-land we already have this situation with the now-infamous Part P -- Councils insisting that work carried out by non-registered people has to be tested independently and the applicant must pay for that himself (in addition to paying the building regs. fee!), even though the ODPM issuing the rules has clearly told them they're not allowed to do that and to stop.

We contacted the local planning department, to be on the safe side

That was their mistake. For something as simple as this they should have just got on with it!

Posted By: iansettle Re: Green tests and red tape! - 02/02/08 02:41 AM
Originally Posted by pauluk
Well, down here in Sassenach-land we already have this situation with the now-infamous Part P -- Councils insisting that work carried out by non-registered people has to be tested independently and the applicant must pay for that himself (in addition to paying the building regs. fee!), even though the ODPM issuing the rules has clearly told them they're not allowed to do that and to stop.

We contacted the local planning department, to be on the safe side

That was their mistake. For something as simple as this they should have just got on with it!

Paul

A Sassenach is what a Highlander calls a Lowlander in Scotland. sick

Not a Englishman like lot of people think.
Posted By: pauluk Re: Green tests and red tape! - 02/05/08 10:45 PM
Hi Ian,

Originally Posted by iansettle

A Sassenach is what a Highlander calls a Lowlander in Scotland. sick

Not a Englishman like lot of people think.

Well you learn something new every day! Chalk up my ignorance to the fact that I've never set foot north of the border. blush
Posted By: IanR Re: Green tests and red tape! - 02/06/08 01:58 PM
"Not a Englishman like lot of people think."
Sassenach is actually a derivation of "Sasunnach", which is Gaelic for Saxon. Still, us Highlanders tend to group the Lowlanders with the Englishmen. Back in the wars, pre-unified mainland, the Lowlanders often conspired with the English against the Highlanders. So, we held both groups in the same low regaurd.

"Fortitudine"
Ian of the Wild MacRaes of Kintail
Posted By: iansettle Re: Green tests and red tape! - 02/06/08 10:40 PM
I'm of Scottish decent and have a couple of Scots friends and they say the same.
© ECN Electrical Forums