ECN Forum
Posted By: pauluk Brihanmumbai Electric Supply & Transport - 10/18/04 12:17 PM
Stumbled upon this website by accident while searching for something else.

Seeing a company which is still a combined "Electric & Traction" setup seems quite odd these days, but this is India:
http://www.bestundertaking.com/
A bolly interesting site! [Linked Image]

Seems they have got around to upgrading things since I was there years ago; one 2A socket/room lightswitch combo by each room door, one light in each room. In the living area we had a fan I recall - didn't dare run it flat out for fear of bringing the roof in! [Linked Image] A/C was put into the living room and my parents bedroom just before we left...
Can't remember a fridge - but I'm sure we must have had one!

Thanks for that Paul - most insteresting!
Linz (one of the Austrian state capitals) still has the ESG, Electrictiäts- und Straßenbahn-Gesellschaft, which means Electricity and Tramway Company.
In Vienna all the utilities were municipial, grouped as "Wiener Stadtwerke" (translates to something like Vienna Municipial Services) which were divided into Wiener Stadtwerke Elekrizitätswerke (Power), Wiener Stadtwerke Gaswerke, Wiener Stadtwerke Verkehrsbetriebe (public transportation) and Wiener Stadtwerke städtische Bestattung (undertakers). Now the Wiener Stadtwerke is a company, 100% owned by the city, with the branches Wienstrom (power), Wiengas, Wiener Linien (transportation) and Bestattung Wien.
© ECN Electrical Forums