ECN Forum
Posted By: C-H Handymen - 03/24/04 11:29 AM
Some of these handymen have begun to place ads on-line in addition to the good old paper notes. Can it get more "we fix everything" than this ad I found in a news group?

-----------
Two handymen's seeking job, we work in the team.

We are 26 and 29 years old (mechanic and electrical fitter) We are ready to
hard work. We can work to 12 hours daily by 7 days on week.

Job may be in farming, construction and other.

We can mend everything.

We have experience like a welder, painter, joiner, plumber, gardener, house
builder, and other general jobs.

We also can fix cars, tractors, building equipments, and what do you want.

We are right people.

We also have driving licence.

We speak English[...]

[This message has been edited by C-H (edited 03-24-2004).]
Posted By: pauluk Re: Handymen - 03/24/04 04:30 PM
We can mend everything.

When you've fixed the dripping faucet I have a nuclear reactor over here that could use your attention..... [Linked Image]
Posted By: Trumpy Re: Handymen - 03/26/04 08:41 AM
Sorry C-H

[This message has been edited by Trumpy (edited 04-10-2004).]
Posted By: Trumpy Re: Handymen - 04/10/04 10:59 AM
C-H,
Us Kiwi's being like we are, are always open to a new oppurtunity or way of thinking.
We had here, Jim's Mowing Services in Auckland, but now Mr Jimmy, has more Lawnmowers than he knows what to do with.
So he branched out into Tree trimming services(sorry about the pun) and now he runs a Building crew that uses, 109 non-qualified Carpenters on his gangs 12 of them are Qualified, they are the fore-men.
Last year, Mr Jimmy advertised for Electricians, he had no applications, so he imported some workers from India and paid them NZ$5.00 an hour, considering that the wage of a newly qualified Electrician here draws NZ$25 an hour.
So,Who is being used there, eh?.
But C-H, I have worked in with a lot of Handymen here, one brand is "Hire A Hubby" and although these guys are Qualified Builders, these guys really know what they are doing.
I know a guy that works for this crowd and you get to the site, the plans are shown to you, there is nothing they won't do for you.
Ask them a question and they will almost do the job for you!.
Don't get me wrong guys, I'm not xenophobic or anything like that, I come from a country where foreigners are moving here,
I love the ethnic difference, and I ask for more of the same please!. [Linked Image]
Posted By: djk Re: Handymen - 04/11/04 01:52 AM
I did a currency conversion NZ$ 5 is only € 2.72 (Euro) or US$ 3.28 or £1.79...

Isn't that drastically below the minimium wage?

Minimum wage here in Ireland is € 7 / hour (Euro)
(NZ$ 12.85, GB£4.60, US$ 8.43)
Posted By: pauluk Re: Handymen - 04/11/04 07:35 AM
The UK's National Minimum Wage is looked upon as something of a joke in this area.

There are lots of laboring jobs on the many local farms which pay well below minimum wage, cash-in-hand, no questions asked.
© ECN Electrical Forums