ECN Forum
Posted By: Trumpy Merry Christmas!! - 12/21/02 03:25 AM
I would like to extend the full greetings of the season, to Paul and Everyone who has participated in the Non-US Forum over the last year, its been cool!.
Take Care All, as we want you back,next year in one piece, for more of the same.
One big "MERRY CHRISTMAS", from this guy.
Cheers,
Trumpy. [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Posted By: pauluk Re: Merry Christmas!! - 12/21/02 06:53 PM
Thanks Trumpy. And a big MERRY CHRISTMAS to everyone, everywhere. [Linked Image]

How about a little festive spirit? Let's ask all our friends to post "Merry Christmas" in whatever languages they know.

I'll start the ball rolling:

Joyeux Noël!
Posted By: C-H Re: Merry Christmas!! - 12/21/02 07:04 PM
God jul och gott nytt år!

Buon Natale!

¡Feliz Navidad!
Posted By: Hutch Re: Merry Christmas!! - 12/21/02 09:11 PM
In Afrikaans...

Geseende Kersfees!
Posted By: sparky Re: Merry Christmas!! - 12/21/02 10:34 PM
uhmmm....
"Merry Christmas"
(pig latin would not be appropo...)
[Linked Image]
Posted By: David UK Re: Merry Christmas!! - 12/22/02 01:19 AM
Merry Christmas to all of you! (At last 2 days off!)
Posted By: C-H Re: Merry Christmas!! - 12/22/02 04:02 PM
Some people take this Christmas thing a bit too far. One lady in my home town has 38 000 lamps...

[Linked Image from i.kth.se]

[This message has been edited by C-H (edited 12-22-2002).]
Posted By: Trumpy Re: Merry Christmas!! - 12/23/02 04:57 AM
Do they have competitions, in your area. to see who can have the biggest, brightest display?.
We had one over here, a few years ago, it entailed replacing a number of Pole Fuses, all in the same street, as I remember. [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by Trumpy (edited 12-22-2002).]
Posted By: Bjarney Re: Merry Christmas!! - 12/23/02 06:01 AM
It is looking a bit festive out there...

[Linked Image from 67.115.161.42]
http://www.fourmilab.ch/cgi-bin/uncgi/Earth
Posted By: Joe Tedesco Re: Merry Christmas!! - 12/23/02 11:46 AM
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all!!
Posted By: Bill Addiss Re: Merry Christmas!! - 12/25/02 06:27 AM
Merry Christmas to all of our International Friends here!

How many of you have a White Christmas? In New England (USA) Chrismas always seems more like Christmas when we have snow.

Bill
Posted By: C-H Re: Merry Christmas!! - 12/25/02 10:13 AM
This year we in Stockholm, Sweden have a White Christmas and -15°C. The chance of a White Christmas is probably 2/3. If we do get a white Christmas everybody's happy. If we don't, people blame global warming...

With only six hours of daylight per day, I think Trumpy's idea of a competition in Christmas light displays is great. [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by C-H (edited 12-25-2002).]
Posted By: pauluk Re: Merry Christmas!! - 12/25/02 06:53 PM
A White Christmas is the exception rather than the rule here.

Today has been cloudy and overcast, but unseasonably warm with the temperature reaching the low/mid 50s.
Posted By: Trumpy Re: Merry Christmas!! - 12/27/02 05:26 AM
In hindsight, Christmas Day, could be summed up by one word "WIND", not mine however,
It blew a gale of a hot,dry Nor'westerly Fohn
wind, it was 28 degrees, in the shade.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Bill Addiss Re: Merry Christmas!! - 12/27/02 06:29 AM
We had about 6 inches Christmas Night.
I think some of my Northern neighbors like Sparky probably got dumped on quite a bit more.

Snow is not anywhere near as common (or intense) now as it was in the 50s and 60s.

Bill
Posted By: pauluk Re: Merry Christmas!! - 12/27/02 08:18 AM
wind, it was 28 degrees, in the shade.
As it's summer down there, I hope that's 28 deg. C! I make that around 82 F. Wouldn't say no to temperatures like that at the moment! [Linked Image]

Same here Bill. Despite the weather being as changeable and unpredictable as ever, most people who have been around longer than I have say that winters have become milder.
Posted By: Trainwire Re: Merry Christmas!! - 12/27/02 11:35 AM
34Degrees F here in the morning, hard rain, over an inch, before changing to snow, about 10 in the morning, then 8 inches of snow, by about 10 in the evening.
Power went out about 3 in the afternoon, off for about 12 hours, till they got around to us to cut the tree the rest of the way off, and glue the primary back together.
I'm in eastern PA.
Tw
© ECN Electrical Forums