ECN Forum
Ever since I got that update You Tube is broke.
Greg,
I just got an update to my Adobe Flash Player this morning.

It didn't effect my YouTube, though dunno
OK thanks.

This is strange. You Tube suddenly stopped working and that adobe update was the only thing I did. I guess I will keep looking.
Actually Greg,
You aren't the first person to have struck this.
I remember with the penultimate update that came from Adobe, YouTube stopped working here.
Unfortunately, I cannot for the life of me remember what on earth I did to get it working again. cry
I seem to remember looking at the help pages on YouTube itself, if that is any help at all.
I’m wondering if maybe they had an issue and fixed it because I got two Adobe Flash auto updates at startup, two days in a row. That's seems unusual for Flash updates to come so close together like that.
I reloaded it and the second time it worked. I guess they sent me a corrupted file ... or it was a FireFox problem. On the second pass I uninstalled everything Adobe including the FF plug ins.
I still can't get youtube on firefox, so I changed to Opera. It happened about the time Chrome was released, I think. It must be a conspiracy!
I spoke too soon. I saw one video and then it crashed again. I loaded Flash for IE, same thing one video and it crashes.

I hate F#%%@#^& updates I didn't ask for.
I can't even find a site to get the last version.
Uh... http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer ?
That gives you the new one that doesn't work.
I managed to find their archive page and get the previous version but they make you dance a lot to actually get it installed. I imagine they will try to upgrade it pretty soon.
I wonder if this is because I am still running XP
I wonder if maybe some of the Flash folders on your computer contain corrupted data.
There are two Macromedia Flash Player folders on my Win7 computer whose contents I delete every day, sometimes even several times a day. One is "QPQ9G3J9" and the other is the "sys" folder.
Maybe clearing these out on your computer would help with your situation.
These folders contain trash like user settings and timers that are placed there every time you visit a website that uses Flash. The files are mainly there to recognize your computer when you visit a site again or for tracking and timer counters for usage monitoring with things like Pandora.

They are located at:
(C:/)Users/"YourUserName"/AppData/Roaming/Macromedia/FlashPlayer/#SharedObjects/QPQ9G3J9

(C:/)Users/"YourUserName"/AppData/Roaming/Macromedia/FlashPlayer/macromedia.com/support/flashplayer/sys
Is Macromedia Flash the same as Adobe Flash?

I only have one Macromedia file or directory on my whole system and it isn't flash. I also do not have a Users directory. That must be W/7 stuff. The only "users" things I know of are in the registry.(lots of stuff)
Yes, Adobe acquired Macromedia sometime around 2005.

Unfortunately, I don’t have access to a computer running XP to check things out, but I have the same type of user account listing in Win2000 in the (C:\) Documents and Settings folder. I always delete those Flash files I mentioned on my Win2K system too.
Greg, I forgot to mention that you have to have Windows folder options set to "show hidden files and folders"... in order to see the AppData folder. That’s probably why you can’t find it.
I always keep Windows folder options set to show as much info as possible, so I tend to forget that these are not the default settings.
OK evidently "search" doesn't search the documents folder. I blew them all away but I am still running the November update that works and I am not going to upgrade it
Thanks
One MS update 2 years [?] back disabled Outlook Express for a week. My computer guy set it so ALL updates have to be approved by me. I rarely if ever accept the invitation....
© ECN Electrical Forums