ECN Forum
Posted By: KJay Show Desktop with Win7 - 07/14/10 11:15 PM
Any idea how I can create a shortcut to show the actual desktop with Windows 7. I’ve tried several ways and it keeps reverting to the default taskbar desktop shortcut.
I don’t care for this default desktop toolbar because it just shows a list files and folders that are on the desktop. I would like to actually be able see the entire desktop displayed as it is when windows first starts.
I used to be able to do this easily with Win2000 and 98 as well, but apparently not so with this new version.
TKX
Posted By: GeorgeG Re: Show Desktop with Win7 - 02/19/11 04:12 PM
Hi,
Windows Key and D at the same time. It is a toggle, so do it again will bring you back where you were.

George
Posted By: KJay Re: Show Desktop with Win7 - 02/19/11 05:47 PM
Thanks George. I should have updated this post a while ago. I found that with Win7 there is now a little button at the far right of the task bar for this function. If you mouse over it, it will “Peek” or temporarily show the desktop. If you click on it, the closes any open windows and shows the desktop.
I used to have to create a shortcut for this and place it on the taskbar, but it looks like MS must have caught on to this with Win7.
Posted By: noderaser Re: Show Desktop with Win7 - 02/20/11 07:38 AM
It was a default icon in the "quick launch" area starting with XP.
© ECN Electrical Forums