ECN Forum
Posted By: Grover Firefox vs. IE - 10/06/08 01:48 AM
Not sure what happened, but for months my Firefox (now 3.0.3) worked fine with this site. Now it goes into perputal "downloading......" whenever I go to a forum topic.

On a whim I tried my Internet Explorer (6.0) - seems to work fine...

Any clues? If I'm in the wrong section, please let me know.

Thanks!

Grov
Posted By: Admin Re: Firefox vs. IE - 10/06/08 05:09 PM
Grov,

To my knowledge, the only thing that has changed here (in quite some time) is that the chatroom counter was added a month or so ago.

Bill
Posted By: forqnc Re: Firefox vs. IE - 10/06/08 07:17 PM
I have also experienced problems with firefox lately, it goes into perputal downloading when I try to open a .pdf, but IE works OK.
I know this doesn't help but, look forward to seeing if you get any answers.
Posted By: gfretwell Re: Firefox vs. IE - 10/06/08 08:03 PM
I heard some guys over in Fine Homebuilding complaining about Firefox 3 hanging on graphic files.
My old 2.0.0.16 seems OK. Newer is not always better I guess.

sign me "stuck in the 20th century" (W/98)
Posted By: mbhydro Re: Firefox vs. IE - 10/06/08 10:05 PM
I am having the same problem with this site starting about one month ago with firefox 3.0.3. When it does lock up it does show something to do with chat. As this is a new XP PC I didn't say anything as I am still tweaking it to get it to run like I want it.

If I exit the site and say to keep my tabs for next time I can come back in and continue on without any problem
Posted By: SteveFehr Re: Firefox vs. IE - 10/08/08 10:45 AM
I've had Firefox randomly crash on me twice after clicking a link on this site. It's happened in multiple versions, always the latest update.
© ECN Electrical Forums