ECN Forum
Posted By: Gloria Looking for hardware - 07/14/07 05:01 PM
Hi, my ACER c110 notebook lcd is not working. I've checked the replacement, but that is an impossible price they gave.
I got an option to look for motherboard-error notebooks, and replace the screen.

I wonder if anyone of you can recommend a company or website, where I can purchase a bad notebook, mostly in EU, but other counties will probably do too.

I'm afraid, the price will still be too high, but well, who knows.
Posted By: noderaser Re: Looking for hardware - 07/14/07 11:28 PM
Sounds like it's time to hit eBay. There are plenty of dead/for repair/parts items for sale there.
Posted By: Trumpy Re: Looking for hardware - 07/21/07 09:03 PM
Hi there Gloria,
I've been through this before myself with my Dell laptop.
I sent a request to Dell to get a quote on a new LCD panel, I nearly died when the quote came back at NZ$550.
LCD panels are not cheap, no matter what the brand.
However, having said that, I have to agree with noderaser's post just above, I kept an eye on TradeMe (local auction site) and eventually picked one up for NZ$195 plus free delivery.
Sure, I had to install it myself (which is not as easy as it sounds btw), but hey, it works as good as gold!
Best of luck, there's nothing like a broken LCD screen to ruin your day.
Posted By: Gloria Re: Looking for hardware - 07/27/07 07:40 AM
It seems I have luck, I've found a store where they have some kinda screen, just have to check if it fits.
Posted By: Theelectrikid Re: Looking for hardware - 07/27/07 03:03 PM
Originally Posted by Gloria
It seems I have luck, I've found a store where they have some kinda screen, just have to check if it fits.

Not to spoil your luck, but there has to be a million or two, or three, or four...) different laptop LCDs out there. Heck, one model laptop can sometimes take four different ones, depending on which was used during manufacturing.

Ian A.
Posted By: Gloria Re: Looking for hardware - 09/05/07 11:12 AM
Got luck, mates! I have found a company close connection with ACER repair store, and the offered price is in range of my possibilities! Hoorray! I wish I had something to sell except my bycicle...
Posted By: Gloria Re: Looking for hardware - 09/14/07 09:18 AM
Hooray! My notebook is back and it looks like new!!! I'm so happy, I can't stop crying. :~P smile
© ECN Electrical Forums