ECN Forum
Posted By: Uppeydog LCD Monitor Turning Off. - 04/06/06 08:11 PM
A workmate of mine has a Dell 1703FPs LCD Monitor. You push the "on button" & the screen comes on for about six seconds, then justs shuts down again. We have tried it on another similar computer but still the same result. Any Ideas!!
Cheers!

[This message has been edited by Uppeydog (edited 04-06-2006).]
Posted By: gfretwell Re: LCD Monitor Turning Off. - 04/07/06 02:41 AM
How does it act unplugged from the PC?
Mine will do the config screens.
This may be an energy saver deal that has to be configured in the PC
Posted By: Uppeydog Re: LCD Monitor Turning Off. - 04/07/06 06:01 PM
Thanks for the Reply Gfretwell!

I've had it unplugged from the computer, & tested the Monitor independently, i.e.just with the Monitor power supply plugged in.
Press the on button, button LED shows green, screen displays Blue, Red, Green boxes which move around screen for about 6 seconds, screen then goes blank, Green LED still showing in on/off button.

Same results with Monitor connected up to PC.

Have tried similar PC & Monitor both OK.

Monitor out of Warranty as 2/3 yrs old.

Thanks! John.
Posted By: gfretwell Re: LCD Monitor Turning Off. - 04/07/06 08:31 PM
It sounds like it may be broke [Linked Image]
Maybe a power supply problem but I am not sure what the chance of finding parts might be. Try the mfg web site
Posted By: Uppeydog Re: LCD Monitor Turning Off. - 04/08/06 09:11 AM
Sorry for the ignorance...but by mfg do you just mean "manufacturing", or is mfg a company?
Posted By: WESTUPLACE Re: LCD Monitor Turning Off. - 04/08/06 03:28 PM
Your problem is the resolution of the monitor does not match the computer and the monitor for some reason cannot adjust itself. (a common problem I run into) Plug an older CRT monitor into your computer. Reset the resolution to the lowest setting, to do this, right click on the desktop, go to properties, settings, save you changes. Then plug in your new monitor, and reajust your resolution how you want it. Robert
Posted By: Uppeydog Re: LCD Monitor Turning Off. - 04/08/06 04:04 PM
Cheers Robert,
I'll give that a bash Monday, & let you know the outcome.

John.
Posted By: Uppeydog Re: LCD Monitor Turning Off. - 04/10/06 09:59 PM
ROBERT,
Never got a chance to try it today.
Probably Wednesday now.
Will let you know outcome.
Posted By: Uppeydog Re: LCD Monitor Turning Off. - 05/13/06 10:40 AM
Been away working from job to job asked about Monitor, but just been put aside as no- one has old CRT monitor in work. Sorry about that but I'll get hold of it one day!
© ECN Electrical Forums