ECN Forum
Posted By: Ron Software for drawing Vectors - 01/09/05 07:39 PM
Other than trying to free hand a sketch of vectors in MS Paint, has anyone had luck using another program, like Excel or the like? The inaccuracies doing it by hand in Paint make it difficult to get my point across on some reports.
Posted By: Bjarney Re: Software for drawing Vectors - 01/09/05 11:51 PM

I use Autosketch r.6. It didn’t have a blazing-fast learning curve, but the electroconvulsive treatments are helping. {It’s up to r.9 now… autosketch.com}

[Linked Image from 6l6.net]
Posted By: Ron Re: Software for drawing Vectors - 01/10/05 12:34 PM
Thanks,
Autosketch seems similar to a 2D version of Autocad.
Posted By: Bjarney Re: Software for drawing Vectors - 01/10/05 04:30 PM

Yes, it probably is but to what degree? It supports 10 layers and is supposed to be able to write to and from DWG format. [R6 autosketch writes R14 DWGs.]

Another specialized application is TheMeterguy Powertools 2001 at www.themeterguy.com/Phase_2.htm
Posted By: Bjarney Re: Software for drawing Vectors - 01/10/05 06:49 PM

If you need quick notch-above-freehand, see www.marquis-soft.com for a [mostly uncrippled shareware] graphpaper printing utility. I don’t know what for, but it even makes logarithmic radial-axis polar paper.
Posted By: Scott35 Re: Software for drawing Vectors - 01/11/05 09:46 AM
I would say for accurate Vectors, a CAD application is the way to go.

MathCAD is worth looking into for its usage.

Autosketch seems to be a useful app', and is made by the same People that bring us AutoCAD.
This is - of course, AutoDesk, Inc.

If accuracy (for the Vector) is not required, like using the Printouts for a visual display purpose only, then any Graphics app' will work fine - something like Photoshop, Paintshop Pro, and stuff like MS Excel and/or Word.

Scott35
© ECN Electrical Forums