ECN Forum
Posted By: Trumpy Mmm Firefox - 12/30/04 07:39 PM
After having a few problems with IE6 in the last week or 2, I decided to get myself a new web-browser and move right away from the Microsoft provided browser.
So, I got myself Mozilla Firefox 1.0 and so far it's going OK, but for some wierd reason it's not refreshing the ECN Forum list when I visit here, I could have overlooked something in the Set-up options.
Does anyone else use this Browser?.
For those that are curious as to what I'm actually on about, try this link here .

{Message edited to add link}

[This message has been edited by Trumpy (edited 12-30-2004).]
Posted By: trollog Re: Mmm Firefox - 01/06/05 06:32 AM
I use mozilla (the linux version) and it works fine for ECN..no trouble at all.. only thing I wish was different would be the web-based ECN chatroom.. moz doesnt like it too well for some reason, which means I have to reboot into windows and use (ugh!) IE....
Posted By: tomfcr Re: Mmm Firefox - 01/06/05 08:14 AM
I use an old version of Mozilla, on it I think the setting you want is under edit\preferences\advanced\cache, where the question is "compare the page in the cache to the page on the network:" and the answer is "every time I view the page"

I also set the cache to 1MB. Not sure why everything wants these huge caches.
Posted By: Trumpy Re: Mmm Firefox - 03/28/05 07:37 AM
Only peeve that I have about Firefox, is that it takes a wee while to load on a Dial-up connection.
Trollog,
only thing I wish was different would be the web-based ECN chatroom.. moz doesnt like it too well for some reason, which means I have to reboot into windows and use (ugh!) IE..
I've used Firefox to access the ECN Chat rooms since I've had it here and have never struck a problem with it.
What's the problem?. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Trumpy Re: Mmm Firefox - 04/30/05 08:44 AM
Wow!,
I've just struck my first problem with FireFox.
There are no icons in the top toolbar now(just words) and when you click on the menus, they drop down, but the menu is blank.
Which means I can't change between "Themes".
Any FF users ever had this problem?.
Second question being, how on earth am I going to fix this?.
I tried un-installing the program and then re-installing it but that made no difference.
Hellpp!.
Posted By: Trumpy Re: Mmm Firefox - 05/01/05 01:06 AM
Sorry a bit of a false alarm actually.
What happened was, I downloaded some new themes the other day and one of the files was corrupted and wouldn't work properly, I only found this out once it was loaded and I couldn't exit that particular theme.
A note for Firefox users however, if you have any problems with the browser, you can start Firefox in it's own Safe-Mode (Click on FF in your Start Menu, it's under the normal mode).
I only just learned this this morning.
Anyhow, it's all back to normal here.
Another thing I did learn too, is the fact that there is a rather prolific Support forum at the Mozilla site itself, if you get stuck. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Trumpy Re: Mmm Firefox - 05/06/05 05:45 AM
On ADSL, this browser really loads fast!.
It's all that!!!. [Linked Image]
© ECN Electrical Forums