ECN Forum
Posted By: Trumpy IP Address? - 09/15/04 02:44 PM
Just a little question here,
I have a lap-top (Sony VIAO) that uses a different ISP to my usual PC that I use to access the net.
Should I have a different IP Address in here at ECN?.
Some of my posts in the OSD Area should be under a different IP number, but does anyone care?
I love this lap-top though, even though it does get a little warm!.
Also, when are the days going to start where you slip a card into your PC and get Wireless Access to the Net going to happen?. [Linked Image]
Posted By: pauluk Re: IP Address? - 09/16/04 01:44 PM
Unless your two service providers share a common pool of dynamically allocated IP addresses (unlikely unless one is a subsidiary or affiliate with the other), then yes, you'll have a different IP address.

Have you posted here with the second ISP yet? I just had a look at the addresses on some of your posts in the non-U.S. area and they are all showing up as belonging to Telecom Internet Services of NZ Telecom.
Posted By: Gloria Re: IP Address? - 09/18/04 07:45 AM
Mike, we use it in the office, and I'm so glad, I just take my home laptop to the office, it gets a new IP addresse (different from at home with adsl,) and it is on the net, with a remote control you can use it as u like. Also if I need anything to take home just sinchronize the mobile phone with the office pc, and take it home, and sinchronize with my home notebook. I don't even need to carry the notebook.
Posted By: Trumpy Re: IP Address? - 09/19/04 06:32 AM
Well,
We might as well forget about me owning a laptop for the time being.
I had a visit from the boys in blue this afternoon, they confiscated it and told me I was lucky not to be charged with recieving stolen goods.
I was sold the thing at a second-hand price, by a guy I have known for a while, that told me that he was going overseas and he wouldn't be needing it anyway.
Believe me, he'll be having a trip of one sort when I get a hold of him!.
Grrrr!.
Posted By: twh Re: IP Address? - 09/19/04 08:41 AM
That puts a different spin on your initial post. Maybe you can get better responses if you provide all the information when you ask the question. Try "I have a STOLEN lap-top that uses a different ISP".

a little warm
I love that!
© ECN Electrical Forums