ECN Forum
Posted By: Trumpy Cheap Dell's? - 06/18/04 09:26 AM
The Warehouse, here, has introduced it's line of Dell computers.
http://www.thewarehouse.co.nz
Not sure if these things are the real deal though.
You get the basic system for NZ$999.99, with 40GB HDDand a 17" monitor, but apart from that, there are so many Upgrade options, it isn't funny, are people getting ripped off here, is my question?.
Posted By: Trumpy Re: Cheap Dell's? - 06/18/04 09:35 AM
Sorry,
when the page loads, look to your right, under What's new.
When that page loads, scroll down to Dell Desktop Deals, sorry it is a PDF file, it shows you what you will get for your cash.
Posted By: Radar Re: Cheap Dell's? - 06/18/04 01:53 PM
I have a co-worker here in the states that bought a Dell. Their adds tend to be a little confusing, but essentially offer a basic unit at a basic price, then several upgrade options. Over here, at least, their prices tend to be pretty competitive.

My co-worker is happy with her unit, although Dell initially shipped a model below what she had ordered. She had to return it, and then received the one she ordered. They took care of it, but it was still a bid of a hassle and some waiting.

Makes me wonder how commonplace this might be with them. if she hadn't checked the model numbers carefully, would she have noticed the shipping error otherwise?

Radar
Posted By: dfe Re: Cheap Dell's? - 06/19/04 12:58 AM
I like to build them from the ground up. I save money, easy to troubleshoot, and I get to build it my way by me. Nothing wrong with "cheap Dell's" But once you learn how to put one together yourself ...you just don't buy ready made anymore. Lots of online help to "make your pc for you by you"

In the long run this is better then cheap ready made pc, and cheaper!, Due to the fact you don't need to replace everything at once.
© ECN Electrical Forums