ECN Forum
Posted By: Trumpy Test Upload(no replies necessary) - 06/22/03 07:05 AM
Just testing upload.
www.electrical-contractor.net/MT/carfire.jpg

[This message has been edited by Trumpy (edited 06-22-2003).]
Posted By: Trumpy Re: Test Upload(no replies necessary) - 06/22/03 07:11 AM
Bill,
It's working.
But just one question, how do I insert a pic into a posting, so that it will be part of the actual post?. [Linked Image]
Posted By: pauluk Re: Test Upload(no replies necessary) - 06/22/03 10:30 AM
Mike,

You enclose the full URL within IMG and /IMG tags, like this:
[Linked Image]

Now you can't see that of course, but if you click on edit on my message, you'll be able to see what I actually typed.

P.S. Forgot to add that you must include the http:// prefix with the URL or it won't work.

Looks like a nasty blaze.

[This message has been edited by pauluk (edited 06-22-2003).]
Posted By: ThinkGood Re: Test Upload(no replies necessary) - 06/23/03 05:35 AM
What in the world caused that?!
Posted By: Bjarney Re: Test Upload(no replies necessary) - 06/23/03 02:21 PM
This Just In: Official Sources have ruled the fire as “suspicious” because electrical wiring was not yet installed.
Posted By: Trumpy Re: Test Upload(no replies necessary) - 06/24/03 05:24 AM
Paul,
Thanks mate!.
Regarding the fire, it's a demo we did at a recent open day at the station.
Scared all the children and some of the adults, too!. [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by Trumpy (edited 06-24-2003).]
Posted By: pauluk Re: Test Upload(no replies necessary) - 06/24/03 09:58 PM
I saw a car on fire like this at the side of the road back when I was about 11 or so. I still remember the blast of heat that hit as we went drove past on the bus, even through the windows and from the opposite side of the pavement.
Posted By: Trumpy Re: Test Upload(no replies necessary) - 06/28/03 02:53 AM
[Linked Image]

OK, So that works!. [Linked Image]
Thanks for the help Paul and Bill!. [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by Trumpy (edited 06-27-2003).]
Posted By: Bill Addiss Re: Test Upload(no replies necessary) - 06/28/03 03:59 AM
Trumpy,

Did you take these pictures?
Posted By: Trumpy Re: Test Upload(no replies necessary) - 06/28/03 04:55 AM
Bill,
No, we have a Brigade photogragher(that is also a Qualified Firefighter).
In that last pic, that's me and Charlie putting out a car fire with CAF (Compressed Air/Foam), I'm standing behind Charlie!.
You'd almost think it was snowing, when we took this pic, but it was mid-summer. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Bill Addiss Re: Test Upload(no replies necessary) - 06/28/03 05:18 AM
Trumpy,

The pictures look good. They seem to have been taken by someone with better than point-and-shoot experience.

Yes, it does look like wintertime.
Thanks for the additional info.

[Linked Image]
Bill
Posted By: Trumpy Re: Test Upload(no replies necessary) - 06/28/03 06:42 AM
Just as an aside Bill,
Most fire brigades over here, have a camera man like this for legal reasons.
The camera that took these photo's was a really expensive Sony Digital camera.
Is this the size of image you would like me to post in future?. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Bill Addiss Re: Test Upload(no replies necessary) - 06/28/03 03:14 PM
Trumpy,

I didn't think of you needing a Photographer, it makes sense. I suppose that it would have to be a high-end digital camera to get the best detail if needed.

I was thinking that the situations encountered need some manual override/adjustment on today's automatic cameras to get good results on the pictures because of bright spots from the fire, etc. It takes some skill to do that well.

The size of the picture is fine, you could go wider too. I try to keep them at 550 pixels wide max so they don't stretch out the screen in 800 x 600 mode.
Bill

[This message has been edited by Bill Addiss (edited 06-28-2003).]
Posted By: Trumpy Re: Test Upload(no replies necessary) - 06/30/03 05:09 AM
Yeah, Bill,
It is actually required that each Brigade over here has a Photographer, much like the Police, I suppose, but instead of just taking pictures for evidential reasons, our guy, likes to get pics of our incidents, from a Fire-Fighter perspective and he's given me heaps of them, but I don't want to fill ECN up with lots of Fire-Related pics, I will however, give you guys(one day), a shot or two of our best ones!. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Trumpy Re: Test Upload(no replies necessary) - 04/03/04 07:53 AM
Also I forgot to mention at the time that the car was cut to bits by us.
In a Roof Lift, you'll see the front pillars poking out from within the smoke and flames.
Just got all the occupants out and and the darned thing ignited.
This is real life, not CHIP's, where cars explode on impact!. [Linked Image]
Posted By: pauluk Re: Test Upload(no replies necessary) - 04/03/04 09:36 AM
Hey, it's many a long time since CHiPs was running over here. Was it 7-Mary-3, or 7-Mary 4? [Linked Image]

where cars explode on impact!
That comes from the same movie/TV rulebook that says if someone touches a hot 120V line they'll have sparks 6 ft. long jumping from their hand!
Posted By: Trumpy Re: Test Upload(no replies necessary) - 04/03/04 09:51 AM
Yes Paul,
We never had CHiPs on again here after the late 70's-early 80's, no repeats, thank God!.
But if you look at that pic above of Charlie and I with the CAF Branch(nozzle), note that it is blowing lumps.
This callout was done 2 days after we took possession of the CAF appliance.
Using a standard First-Aid Hose reel, both Charlie and I would be wearing Breathing Apparatus and would be inside the car at this stage and would emerge as black as tar babies!. [Linked Image]
© ECN Electrical Forums