ECN Forum
Posted By: sandsnow Capcitive Deractance - 02/01/06 05:53 AM
Go to this link to see a video on the application of this fascinating concept being developed by Rockwell
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/retro.html
Posted By: Dnkldorf Re: Capcitive Deractance - 02/01/06 12:30 PM
Dingle arms, did he say dingle arms?

LOL, that was too funny........

Dnk..

[This message has been edited by Dnkldorf (edited 02-01-2006).]
Posted By: Alan Belson Re: Capcitive Deractance - 02/01/06 12:33 PM
Moonshafts!? [Linked Image]

The mind boggles!

Alan
Posted By: Radar Re: Capcitive Deractance - 02/01/06 02:37 PM
I tried the link from work and got this:

Your organization's Internet use policy restricts access to this web page at this time.

Reason:
The Websense category "Tasteless" is filtered.

Guess I'll have to try it from home later on today.

Edited for spelling (duh!)

[This message has been edited by Radar (edited 02-01-2006).]
Posted By: Dnkldorf Re: Capcitive Deractance - 02/01/06 02:42 PM
Someone has parental controls on....
You got to see it, it is hysterical...

Dnk..
Posted By: Scott35 Re: Capcitive Deractance - 02/01/06 06:34 PM
That was Frikken Hilarious!!!

The guy does a great job of "Feature Puking" the item, and makes absolutely no sense doing so!

I do believe there were less than 2% actual Electrical terms used in the entire clip - and those 2% had absolutely no relavence to anything!
(e.g.: "Inductive Booger", "Elephant Volts", etc.)

So I downloaded the clip, and plan to use it in future technical presentations + Electrical Training Seminars.

Scott35
Posted By: Dave T Re: Capcitive Deractance - 02/01/06 06:53 PM
Nice. It looks as if this technology came along just in time in response to the Presidents State of the Union address and will fit right in with the subject of energy conservation.
I also understand that Rockwell is showing their appreciation to their loyal customers by offering it to them free of charge.

Oh, did Rockwell take into account the electron oscillation technology?
Posted By: JoeTestingEngr Re: Capcitive Deractance - 02/02/06 05:18 AM
Bob Hoover used to fly a yellow P-51D with Rockwell sponsership. It's clear to me that Rockwell's chief engineer on this project must've spent large amounts of time upside down with Hoover in his Shrike Commander doing the Energy Conservation Series.
Joe
Posted By: sandsnow Re: Capcitive Deractance - 02/02/06 02:43 PM
I'm glad you liked it.
I saw this at the Power Quality Seminar that SCE (local POCO) puts on. A great free seminar series for those in So CA. www.sce.com/ctac
Posted By: John Crighton Re: Capcitive Deractance - 02/02/06 05:56 PM
If you liked that one, here's another famous description (audio only) about missile guidance [Linked Image]
http://www.aoe.vt.edu/~cdhall/Space/AFGUID.wav
Posted By: Dnkldorf Re: Capcitive Deractance - 02/02/06 09:50 PM
It's a shame, not too many folks come down here in this section. They are surely missing out...

Dnk...
Posted By: Dave T Re: Capcitive Deractance - 02/02/06 10:10 PM
John Crighton,
That's the guidance programming information for the Scud missile. I thought it was still classified. Where the heck did you get it? That's some find.
Posted By: John Crighton Re: Capcitive Deractance - 02/03/06 12:18 AM
Dave, it was on an 8-track tape cartridge recovered from a bombed-out ice cream factory in a Baghdad suburb. It was immediately followed by the Temptations' "My Girl" on the next track.

The "G.E.A." mentioned in the recording is the "Guess Everything's Alright!" module, which is comprised of relay and vacuum-tube logic. The G.E.A. was housed in the nose cone of the Scud, cushioned by layers of couscous and yogurt.

The material was declassified when it was discovered to repeat "I buried Paul" over and over again when played backwards.

Off to find another Martini...
Posted By: Dave T Re: Capcitive Deractance - 02/03/06 12:45 AM
John, A martini sounds good to me with couple of pickled mushrooms and olives. My wife and I do Perfect brandy manhattans on alternate days. We just like to keep the brandy and gin bottles so they are even.
Speaking of 8-tracks I have a great Pioneer on my surround system. When I get fired up I get a couple of old 8-tracks out and some aren't all that bad, especially my American Graffiti with Wolfman Jack as the MC.
Posted By: John Crighton Re: Capcitive Deractance - 02/03/06 01:31 AM
Yeah, it's important to beep the kottles even. Keep the bottles beeven. (hic) You know. Level. With mickled pushrooms, you bet...

I actually grew up listening to the Wolfman on XERB while cruising my '65 Impala on Van Nuys Boulevard. I vaguely remember seeing the "American Graffiti" drive-thru set there for a while.

Ya see what those guys miss who don't keep up with the "theory" threads???
Posted By: JoeTestingEngr Re: Capcitive Deractance - 01/20/07 03:52 PM
Bump!
Joe
© ECN Electrical Forums