ECN Forum
Posted By: Scott35 Buck Transformer Schematic - 06/19/01 12:24 AM
[Linked Image]

Here's another Isolated Transformer, connected as an Autotransformer - in this case, the connections are Series Subtractive - making it a voltage "Bucking" transformer.
The schematic "Boost Transformer" is very similar, except the connections are made in Series Additive format.
BTW: The "Buck" transformer is a mirrored image of the "Boost", the inputs and outputs are reversed.

FYI: The "PHI" symbol on each schematic represents positions of phase polarity [direction of magnetic flow in core as to direction of currents in windings]. That's the key issue of how and why these Autotransformers [connected as Autotransformers] can do the Buck / Boost thingee [technically speaking [Linked Image]]

Any comments??? [Linked Image]

Scott SET

Scott,

You forgot the // in the link. I took care of it.

Bill

[This message has been edited by Webmaster (edited 06-18-2001).]
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Buck Transformer Schematic - 06/19/01 09:30 PM
>The "phi" symbol on each schematic represents positions of phase polarity [direction of magnetic flow in core as to direction of currents in windings].
I would like to see the ΓΈ symbol added to the appropriate poles on the single phase transformer diagram you previously posted.

Could you help me out with this?
Posted By: Scott35 Re: Buck Transformer Schematic - 06/21/01 01:28 AM
Dspark,

I'll add them, then resubmit to the existing topic[s] under the same names/message bodies.

Scott SET
© ECN Electrical Forums