ECN Forum
Posted By: twh What does your work place look like? - 05/10/17 03:31 AM
Here are some pics of a mechanical room in a condo. Some maintenance guys are neat freaks. Others, not so much.

[Linked Image from i900.photobucket.com]

Posted By: HotLine1 Re: What does your work place look like? - 05/12/17 12:15 AM
Wow!! The Fire Prevention guys in my twp. would write a few violations & penalties at this place.
Posted By: Admin Re: What does your work place look like? - 05/12/17 12:26 AM
wow, thought I was bad...
Posted By: HotLine1 Re: What does your work place look like? - 05/13/17 07:21 PM
twh:

Are the 'red' motors and parts from a fire sprinkler pump?

Posted By: twh Re: What does your work place look like? - 05/15/17 11:52 PM
Originally Posted by HotLine1
twh:

Are the 'red' motors and parts from a fire sprinkler pump?

They are heating system circ pumps.
Posted By: HotLine1 Re: What does your work place look like? - 05/16/17 12:20 AM
Thanks
Posted By: geoff in UK Re: What does your work place look like? - 05/16/17 07:28 AM
I've always thought that if the shop is TOO tidy you can't find anything, but that does seem to be the opposite extreme!
Posted By: Trumpy Re: What does your work place look like? - 06/30/17 05:05 AM
When I joined the company, that I've worked for, for the last 10 or so years, I walked in and came across a workshop that looked like that.
I turned around and said "There is no way I'm working in a place like this, either this place gets cleaned up or you can find someone else, it is a safety and fire hazard having all this "stuff" lying around like this".
The place got cleaned up, there is no need for this sort of mess in a place where people are required to work.
Posted By: Lostazhell Re: What does your work place look like? - 11/21/20 09:42 AM
Currently pulling branch circuits...

[Linked Image from electrical-photos.com]

Just before the 'rona hit, I was wrapping up a MASSIVE 100K sqft kitchen in a FB building.

Posted By: Bill Addiss Re: What does your work place look like? - 11/23/20 05:07 AM
Nice!!
Posted By: HotLine1 Re: What does your work place look like? - 11/23/20 08:35 PM
Nice kitchen/cafeteria!!

Two questions

What is an FB building?

What is the yellow paint on the conduits right of the j-box?
Posted By: Lostazhell Re: What does your work place look like? - 11/25/20 07:56 AM
Nice kitchen/cafeteria!!

Two questions

What is an FB building?

FB = Facebook. This is part of the first floor of MPK 62

The yellow is masking tape with conduit ID numbers from BIM modeling.

I really miss the days when we'd get prints saying put 2 circuits over here, put 3 circuits over there and throw in a couple general use circuits for the janitor... Whoever is doing our prints either has a bizarre sense of humor or is just out of college and has no idea how phasing and circuit numbers in a panel line up, among other things. There's too much ambiguous info on prints now which ends up confusing a lot of people. Then there's the fact that our BIM never seems to match other trades so we end up in each others way anyways.
Posted By: NORCAL Re: What does your work place look like? - 11/29/20 09:38 PM
Nice kitchen/cafeteria!!

Two questions

What is an FB building?

FB = Fake Book. laugh
Posted By: Trumpy Re: What does your work place look like? - 11/30/20 07:45 AM
Jesus, Randy!!
You have to come in here and show us all up, don't you? grin
I like that pipe at the top of the picture.
Is this just for the people at FB or is it going to be an actual restaurant?
It'd be nice to see this once it's finished.
Top marks, mate!
Posted By: Lostazhell Re: What does your work place look like? - 12/01/20 08:44 AM
Originally Posted by Trumpy
Jesus, Randy!!
Top marks, mate!

It's just for FB employees. The building we did next door has a similar kitchen that could feed half the SF Bay area at one time. We essentially finished our kitchen right before the "rona hit with everyone else still in troubleshoot mode grin Both buildings are 8 floors with a bunch of open office space, meeting rooms, "Cozy rooms" and "Comfy rooms whistle 2nd floor has 2 big presentation rooms (each with a 292" Samsung "Wall" OLED screen that had to be drug in through a removed window from a crane lift and a Preston deck. crazy ) 3rd floor is mostly servers IIRC. 8th floor has a huge balcony that would be a hit for any party.

As our crew was essentially finished and when we all became "essential", we ended up at the big pharma project in South San Francisco. (Which Oyster Point appears to be quickly becoming the real estate of choice for pharma labs.) Lots of clean rooms, vivariums and general lab spaces along with -80°C freezers that would be perfect for chilling a 12 pack in a hurry! grin This is the 4th big pharma job I've done on the same street over here.
Posted By: Trumpy Re: What does your work place look like? - 12/02/20 08:42 AM
Originally Posted by Lostazhell

The building we did next door has a similar kitchen that could feed half the SF Bay area at one time.

So I take it, this is a vegan kitchen? grin

2nd floor has 2 big presentation rooms (each with a 292" Samsung "Wall" OLED screen

My God!, why on earth do you ever need to have a screen of THAT size?
If that is on the diagonal, it's like 7.5 metres across, what do they use to drive such a screen?

Sounds like you're pretty busy, mate, the only way to be.
Posted By: NORCAL Re: What does your work place look like? - 12/27/20 05:27 PM
Originally Posted by Lostazhell
Jesus, Randy!!
Top marks, mate!

It's just for FB employees. The building we did next door has a similar kitchen that could feed half the SF Bay area at one time. We essentially finished our kitchen right before the "rona hit with everyone else still in troubleshoot mode grin Both buildings are 8 floors with a bunch of open office space, meeting rooms, "Cozy rooms" and "Comfy rooms whistle 2nd floor has 2 big presentation rooms (each with a 292" Samsung "Wall" OLED screen that had to be drug in through a removed window from a crane lift and a Preston deck. crazy ) 3rd floor is mostly servers IIRC. 8th floor has a huge balcony that would be a hit for any party.

As our crew was essentially finished and when we all became "essential", we ended up at the big pharma project in South San Francisco. (Which Oyster Point appears to be quickly becoming the real estate of choice for pharma labs.) Lots of clean rooms, vivariums and general lab spaces along with -80°C freezers that would be perfect for chilling a 12 pack in a hurry! grin This is the 4th big pharma job I've done on the same street over here.

Samsung = Exploding products. laugh laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: Trumpy Re: What does your work place look like? - 12/30/20 04:35 AM
Originally Posted by NORCAL

You had to go there, didn't you Rollie?!
Posted By: NORCAL Re: What does your work place look like? - 12/31/20 02:22 AM
Originally Posted by NORCAL

You had to go there, didn't you Rollie?!

They had the phone exploding, and to make it worse, exploding washers so they earned it.
Posted By: Trumpy Re: What does your work place look like? - 01/01/21 01:09 AM
Ahh yes,
The washing machines, I'll take back what I said, mate. grin
We lost count of how many caught fire/ exploded over here in NZ, there were just so many.
And that was AFTER the recall was supposedly over........ whistle
Posted By: Lostazhell Re: What does your work place look like? - 01/01/21 01:38 AM
My Washing machine (and dryer) are Maytag. My fridge and cell phone are Samsung, but they've both worked just fine. (The fridge is 16 years old.)
Posted By: NORCAL Re: What does your work place look like? - 01/01/21 03:26 AM
Ahh yes,
The washing machines, I'll take back what I said, mate. grin
We lost count of how many caught fire/ exploded over here in NZ, there were just so many.
And that was AFTER the recall was supposedly over........ whistle

Samsung, & LG, (Lousy Goods), both have a rep for bad ice makers, & hard to get parts for their appliances, I avoid both of them. Still anytime I see a Samsung product, always refer to them as a exploding product, hence my original remark. laugh
© ECN Electrical Forums