ECN Forum
Posted By: Admin Got Snow?? - 03/29/08 04:05 AM
Northern MAine has gotten more than their usual amount of snow. These are thru the windshield pics of the state trying to plow the snow off Rte #1.

There is so much snow the white line is buried in the snow banks in many places. This is an area that can deal with snow but this year has been a struggle. you can walk up the banks in places and touch telephone wires

Jon aka Walrus

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: wire_twister Re: Got Snow?? - 03/30/08 01:13 PM
I would be taking southbound pictures, and the last I would see of that much snow.
Posted By: Theelectrikid Re: Got Snow?? - 03/30/08 02:52 PM
Now just do us people down 1 & 95 a favor a keep it up there please. The weatherman said we'd have a possibility of snow flurries one day last week and I threw the remote at the TV. If I saw that much snow in person I don't know what I'd do, hollow a cave out of it or start running south on 1!

Ian A.
Posted By: Lostazhell Re: Got Snow?? - 03/31/08 03:43 AM
It'll be 72°F here all week ☺
Posted By: Retired_Helper Re: Got Snow?? - 03/31/08 05:25 PM
Originally Posted by Lostazhell
It'll be 72°F here all week ☺

Good luck with those fault lines! wink
Posted By: Theelectrikid Re: Got Snow?? - 03/31/08 07:14 PM
Wahoo, not supposed to dip below 50 for the highs this week. Randy, wanna trade 55 for 72? laugh

Ian A.
Posted By: walrus Re: Got Snow?? - 03/31/08 08:51 PM
A buddy sent me this. taken in Canada somewhere
[Linked Image from i165.photobucket.com]
2 white tail deer struggling with the depth of snow
Posted By: Zapped Re: Got Snow?? - 04/01/08 03:05 PM
What's all that white stuff on the ground?
Posted By: geoff in UK Re: Got Snow?? - 04/01/08 06:35 PM
I think that weather system must be heading my way. I'm off for a "spring" break to Cumbria tommorrow, and I've just seen the long range weather forcast predicting minus 4C by Monday.
Posted By: Retired_Helper Re: Got Snow?? - 04/01/08 07:37 PM
Originally Posted by geoff in UK
I think that weather system must be heading my way. I'm off for a "spring" break to Cumbria tommorrow, and I've just seen the long range weather forcast predicting minus 4C by Monday.

By my calculation, that -4C is 24.8F. We've seen all too much of that (and less) this winter in Maine. frown
Posted By: SolarPowered Re: Got Snow?? - 04/25/08 11:56 AM
Originally Posted by Zapped
What's all that white stuff on the ground?

Don't know. I can't for the life of me figure out what that stuff is. Although, I have some vague recollections of something a bit like that when I was growing up in Illinois. Maybe if I think about it long enough, it will come to me...
© ECN Electrical Forums