ECN Forum
Posted By: Admin A Job Well Done - 03/28/06 12:05 AM
Recently, I did some work in an industrial rental. I was impressed by the clean work done by the original electrician.

The service coming in is 480/277; the 277 is used for the lighting. Most of the 480 is sent through a transformer (mounted between the panels) to the 208/120 panel.

This place was built with a number of 45 degree walls (all part of makng for easier truck access). The second pic shows how a neat pipe bend can wrap around that corner just fine.

Now, if only we can keep the tenant from "improving" things!

- renosteinke
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by Webmaster (edited 03-27-2006).]
Posted By: mxslick Re: A Job Well Done - 03/28/06 01:45 AM
Very nice!! A pleasure to see some quality work!

That transformer looks mighty small..what was it rated at?
Posted By: Trumpy Re: A Job Well Done - 03/30/06 12:05 AM
Now that is good work John!.
Bending conduit used to be one of my pet fears when I was first taken on as an apprentice.
I couldn't seem to bend anything, without mucking it up every time.
I suppose it's just one of them things that take practice, I can bend conduit to fit any shaped structure these days though.
Them panels are tidy too!. [Linked Image]
Posted By: BigJohn Re: A Job Well Done - 03/30/06 10:29 PM
This picture brings back memories of the very first conduit run I ever did. It had to go around a turret on a house, and I had three bends to make just like the ones pictured. I remember standing there trying to figure out how to get my bends right on the corners of the house. Between that and the offsets, I was definitely in over my head.

The run was only 30' long, but after a lot of hack-sawing and five (5!) couplings, I got it up there. [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

-John

[This message has been edited by BigJohn (edited 03-30-2006).]
© ECN Electrical Forums