ECN Forum
Posted By: Admin Another GREAT Bucket Truck Shocker Classic!!! - 11/17/05 08:30 PM
submitted by Tony Moscioni:

[Linked Image]
Just when you think you've seen it all...
A real good one, indeed!
Are those lines low or medium voltage? To my eye the ones the guy is working on look like low voltage.
one more darwin candidate..... coming up! [Linked Image]
on this photo on bottom "conductor" or cable what the person is working on that is commuation cable .

let start from the top lines the top line is primary hot line useally 13.8 KV or 24.4 Kv [depending on local spur]
next line below the hot conductors is the primary netural line

third and fourth line i belive it is televison cable line

the bottom most line is telephone or telecomuattion line [ this is very typical for commuation line to be below of power system but offhand i am not too crazy with televison cables i heard some horror story about it ]

Merci , Marc
The book on stupidity is still being written.

Roger
And what's worse...he's not wearing safety glasses! :-)
It looks dangerous at first glance but isn't he tied off to the top conductor with a safety cable?
Joe
Unbelievable!!,
The book on stupidity is still being written.
That's for sure Roger. [Linked Image]
If you got caught doing that sort of thing here, you could expect instant dismissal.
I'd be interested to see how the ladder is tethered to the bucket.
It looks dangerous at first glance but isn't he tied off to the top conductor with a safety cable?
I'd never trust any sort of cable to hold my wieght, if you did fall you could bring the whole lot down on yourself. [Linked Image]
That just doesn't even look possible!
AND NOW! The 'Great Alonzo' will dive 100 feet into a wet face-flannel!
Aiiiiii-eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! THUD!!!!
"Right! Own up!! Who wrung that flannel out!?"

This photo has to be a Photoshop job, the whole set-up is as preposterous as the above.
I would be willing to bet that the ladder has cable hooks on it.

[Linked Image from louisvilleladder.com]

All the phone guys around here lean the ladders against the phone lines, the ladder has hooks so it can not slip.

Of course that does not mean I would try what was shown in the picture.
Actually Bob,
That doesn't sound too far-fetched about the cable hooks.
However, you'd sort of be hoping that the cable messenger wire was of very good quality and strength.
I have to agree though:
Of course that does not mean I would try what was shown in the picture.
Amen to that, there are enough ways to get yourself injured at work, without tempting fate with doing silly things like this.
"It looks dangerous at first glance but isn't he tied off to the top conductor with a safety cable?"

Do I sense a tone of jest in that statement?
Well as long as the safety cable is a heavy steel (conductive) cable right? [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by IanR (edited 11-19-2005).]

[This message has been edited by IanR (edited 11-19-2005).]
Only one thing to say really - Is he Nuts!?!?!
IanR
Do I sense a tone of jest in that statement?
Well as long as the safety cable is a heavy steel (conductive) cable right?

Yeah, that's the cable. It comes packaged with a wabbit's foot for extra safety.
Joe
© ECN Electrical Forums