ECN Forum
Posted By: electure Deja Vu - I've Created a Monster! - 09/25/05 06:33 PM
Went out to dinner the other night. Alice found this in the restaurant, and pointed it out to me.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: iwire Re: Deja Vu - I've Created a Monster! - 09/25/05 08:18 PM
I hope the food was better than the wiring. [Linked Image]
That resturaunt needs darker lighting!
Posted By: Elviscat Re: Deja Vu - I've Created a Monster! - 09/26/05 02:23 AM
I find that most restraunt owners are fairly picky about the appearance of visible wiring in the eating area of the restraunt, I'm amazed that one actually consented to having that ugly peice of junk sitting there, steel and dark brown paint do not blend well
Posted By: electure Re: Deja Vu - I've Created a Monster! - 09/26/05 11:25 AM
The lights are dim in this place, and the food is quite good. The camera took a flash picture.

The strange thing about the scenario is this:

We were in this same restaurant in August 2003. I wrecked the moment by my habit of "looking up".
This became the basis for a thread "Shutting Off the Electrician" aka "The Thread that Wouldn't Die". It ran 70 posts long.

The spot that this picture was taken isn't more than 5 feet away from where we were the first time. This wasn't there 2 years ago.

Alice saw this, and I didn't notice a thing!

(Apparently the malady is highly contagious)

BTW, she's a wonderful "monster" [Linked Image]

Shutting off the Electrician

[This message has been edited by electure (edited 09-26-2005).]
Posted By: dlhoule Re: Deja Vu - I've Created a Monster! - 09/26/05 03:09 PM
I followed thread to other posting! Boy, I don't know what is wrong with you guys. There is a cure. Just get a bit careless and you won't have to do any more of that stuff looking up and all the other stuff, but I have been to enough funerals. Went to one in Florida earlier this month. Stayed at 2 different Hotels. Exit signs not lit on over 50% of ones I observed. I tried the test button and one of them actually had one of the 2 bulbs light. Did they suspend requirements for testing these in your fine State of Fl? What about the parking lights with the conduit broken and wiring all exposed? Sometimes I wish I didn't care about these things, my wife puts up with me though. She only gets upset now when I start questioning people about these things.

Larry
© ECN Electrical Forums