ECN Forum
Posted By: Admin Countries with Different Standards - 04/04/05 10:43 PM
The following photos are not, as you could imagine the aftermath of a hurricane, but the wiring from the streets of Delhi, India. On the (last) photo you can see the 380/220 lines are being inspected by a a line-monkey and her child.

- Andrew D.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by Webmaster (edited 04-05-2005).]
Posted By: Av-guy Re: Countries with Different Standards - 04/05/05 05:36 AM
[Linked Image] MEA (Metropolitan Electricity Authority,Our utility in Bagkok and its perimeter area) Does it better than this. this looks like total mess
Posted By: pauluk Re: Countries with Different Standards - 04/05/05 11:39 AM
Neat and workmanlike anyone? [Linked Image]

I still recall a photo that I saw in a book years ago about the poor "Barrios" in India. There was a power pole with what must have been hundreds of unauthorized taps going down to the shacks -- Everything from zip cord to singles just wrapped around the cables. There was a guy on a ladder, precariously working through the maze of wires to add his own tap to the supply. The caption below read "This hazardous task has often resulted in electrocution."

I can see one result of the British influence there: The red/yellow/blue phase coding.

[This message has been edited by pauluk (edited 04-05-2005).]
Posted By: djk Re: Countries with Different Standards - 04/05/05 07:21 PM
I notice the telephone lines seem to criss cross right through the jungle of 220/380V cabling too!

Now I know why it is so important to bring a surge protector when visiting certain parts of India.
© ECN Electrical Forums