ECN Forum
Posted By: Admin Safe & Reliable Power ... - 12/04/04 02:39 AM
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

- electricman2

[This message has been edited by Webmaster (edited 12-03-2004).]
Posted By: NORCAL Re: Safe & Reliable Power ... - 12/04/04 03:53 AM
Is there a nomination for moron of the week? If so this ones a strong contender.
Posted By: electure Re: Safe & Reliable Power ... - 12/04/04 12:54 PM
Are those 50Amp plugs like used on mobile homes?
Is this an RV campground?
Posted By: iwire Re: Safe & Reliable Power ... - 12/04/04 01:04 PM
Are those 50Amp plugs

It's OK the 50 amp feed is conected to four 15 amp outlets it should have a 60 amp feed.
[Linked Image from users.telenet.be]
Posted By: sandsnow Re: Safe & Reliable Power ... - 12/04/04 08:30 PM
Maybe the campground is closed when it rains
Posted By: electricman2 Re: Safe & Reliable Power ... - 12/04/04 08:56 PM
A couple of months ago a letter appeared in our local newspaper from the Chamber of Commerce director commending XXX Electric Co., a local contractor for its contribution to the success of the annual street festival. Seems they donated their time and expertise to provide “safe and reliable” power for the vendors use. Here are some photos of their contribution. they are located between a street and parking lot. I dont know about safe but they are certainly “reliable”. The outlet boxes are connected to a 50A circuit with a 4 conductor cord with a NEMA 14-50P cap. No worries about “tripped breakers” here. [Linked Image]
Posted By: capt al Re: Safe & Reliable Power ... - 12/04/04 09:13 PM
In pic #2 are those GFI rects or decora style rects? Nice thing with the 50 amp feed you definitely do not have nuisance tripping. These pics give new meaning to "safe and reliable".
Al

[This message has been edited by capt al (edited 12-04-2004).]
Posted By: Sir Arcsalot Re: Safe & Reliable Power ... - 12/04/04 10:24 PM
This adds a whole new meaning to "GFCI"-

"Grave-Filling Circuit Installation".

How can ANYONE get away with this hokey stuff?????????
Posted By: electricman2 Re: Safe & Reliable Power ... - 12/04/04 10:52 PM
In pic 2 the receptacles are GFCI. In pic 1 I quess they just said heck with it, even used a 2 gang plastic wall plate. Must not have planned on it to ever rain either. [Linked Image]
Posted By: mxslick Re: Safe & Reliable Power ... - 12/05/04 10:19 PM
a letter appeared in our local newspaper from the Chamber of Commerce director commending XXX Electric Co., a local contractor for its contribution to the success of the annual street festival. Seems they donated their time and expertise to provide “safe and reliable” power for the vendors

Seems like "XXX Electric Co." should get another letter, this time from the local AHJ!
Posted By: sandsnow Re: Safe & Reliable Power ... - 12/06/04 02:53 AM
Many people think that the "code" or correct thing on temporary wiring is whatever works short of exposed energized parts.

In the past I worked at the Orange County Fairgrounds and saw all kinds of stuff from the carnies to the food trailers.

How about a pigtail socket (med. base socket w/ six inch leads molded in rubber)w/ a med. base adapter screwed in to 15amp 2 wire, in a 50 amp recep. w/ popsicle sticks to hold it in?

Or the guy who said I was not a brother electrician because I wouldn't let him plug in his 15amp cord body w/ pigtails into a 20amp twistlock recep.
© ECN Electrical Forums