ECN Forum
Posted By: Ryan_J OT: Airplane crash and recovery pics - 10/28/04 10:54 PM
There was an airplane that crashed into the mountain in the city that I work in earlier this week. Amazingly, there were no major injuries, and the occupants all walked away from it.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: NORCAL Re: OT: Airplane crash and recovery pics - 10/29/04 02:40 AM
The aircraft will make good scrap metal but,its hard to replace people.
Ryan, I'm guessing by the obvious expense they went to to recover the aircraft that it's going to be repaired and fly again?
Posted By: Ryan_J Re: OT: Airplane crash and recovery pics - 10/30/04 07:02 PM
I'm not sure to tell you the truth. I didn't know when they were going to recover the plane. I was just pumping some gas into my truck and watched them pick it up with the helicopter [Linked Image]
Posted By: Bill Addiss Re: OT: Airplane crash and recovery pics - 10/30/04 08:55 PM
Now there's something you don't see everyday!!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Big Jim Re: OT: Airplane crash and recovery pics - 11/04/04 11:10 AM
In some cases, a government agency makes them remove things like that and use special methods to avoid damaging the area. It looks like an off-road vehicle might have driven to it but would have done a lot of damage to the surrounding vegetation. We had a couple of jerks drive out into a wilderness area and get badly stuck. They were facing the possibility of pay for a heavy helecopter to fly from Seattle to Colorado and lift their 2 vehicles out. $900 an hour - portal to portal.
© ECN Electrical Forums