ECN Forum
Posted By: Admin Hot Neutral - 08/03/04 02:53 AM
Found this service with the neutral and phase conductors reversed in the meter base while performing a final inspection on a single family dwelling.

- necbuff
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Lostazhell Re: Hot Neutral - 08/03/04 05:39 AM
Aside from the darwin award for not even being able to wire a meter socket, Please tell me thats not a bare AL ground wire going right in front of the main lugs for the panel?!?!?!? [Linked Image]

-Randy

[This message has been edited by Lostazhell (edited 08-03-2004).]
Posted By: Big Jim Re: Hot Neutral - 08/03/04 06:05 AM
I think most 3 year-olds can match colors better than that. Things we do totally without concious thought are far beyond some people.
Posted By: NORCAL Re: Hot Neutral - 08/03/04 07:05 AM
Good panel, sloppy "work".
Posted By: e57 Re: Hot Neutral - 08/03/04 07:16 AM
Is this service live?!!!!

No ground or bond between the meter and main, so the main case and neutral is 120, and one phase 0, the other 220?

Looks like some smoke damage there on the riser neutral?

This may not have happened if this person hadn't gone through all the "red tape" getting it inspected. Nice catch, and a real good thing you looked!
Posted By: electricman2 Re: Hot Neutral - 08/03/04 05:41 PM
The GEC in pipe is nice although I dont understand the gap between end of pipe and meter can.
Posted By: necbuff Re: Hot Neutral - 08/04/04 01:59 AM
Service not energized, I am AHJ and I obviously rejected this one. That is an insulated conductor in front of the lugs and the reason for the gap is for other utilites to have a spot to hit the GEC for their service, eg; catv, phone.
© ECN Electrical Forums