ECN Forum
Posted By: Admin Poor Outdoor Installations - 06/07/04 12:48 AM
Hey, I thought you might appreciate the following photo. Remember, no matter what the maintenance electrician says....you need two pairs of channel locks to install compression couplings, and you should prob spring for something other than plastic anchors once you get above 1" .
[Linked Image]
Looks like the same electrician worked on this one, same management company, less than 20 feet away to. The two installs caught my eye.

Chris C.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Trumpy Re: Poor Outdoor Installations - 06/07/04 01:06 AM
Chris,
Good pics!.
In the second pic, is that a Transformer enclosure?.
I just can't help but think that there has been an oil leak from the lower right side of it?.
Posted By: Lostazhell Re: Poor Outdoor Installations - 06/07/04 01:16 AM
Nice pics Chris,
I have to wonder if someone tried hanging something heavier than the banner on this [Linked Image] I agree with you on the anchoring.. metal wedge anchors would've held this alot better.. LOL at the 1¼ or 1½ 2 hole straps on the ½ inch sealtite on the 3rd and 4th pics..
Mike, that green door is for a trash compactor.. The green & white "WM" sticker is from a company called "Waste Management".. they dump some of the trash bins here in Huntington Beach also.. [Linked Image]

-Randy
Posted By: BigJohn Re: Poor Outdoor Installations - 06/07/04 01:44 AM
That's ½" liquid-tight? That's a relief. It looked like AC or MC to me... [Linked Image]

-John
Posted By: Bill Addiss Re: Poor Outdoor Installations - 06/07/04 02:10 AM
Guys,

That's MC Cable, in pic. 2 and 3.

[Linked Image]
Bill
Posted By: NORCAL Re: Poor Outdoor Installations - 06/07/04 06:28 AM
With the oversized straps the statement "better than nothing" would be inappropriate. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Trumpy Re: Poor Outdoor Installations - 06/07/04 06:55 AM
Randy,
The reason I asked was, that shade of Green here is used to identify PoCo 11kV transformers here.
Posted By: Lostazhell Re: Poor Outdoor Installations - 06/07/04 07:05 AM
I hear ya Mike... That's also pretty much standard here.. Occaisionally I'll come across a tan painted one (Usually in the desert, to blend in with the landscape probably) the green xfmrs are usually a faded version of this.

[mr.magoo] Wha? what you mean thats MC cable??? (scratching head) [/mr. magoo]

Seriously, how the devil could you guys tell that was MC???? I thought I had 20/20 vision! (so did my eye doctor!)

-Randy
Posted By: BigJohn Re: Poor Outdoor Installations - 06/07/04 07:56 AM
Randy,

In all fairness, I have no idea if that's MC or not, because I still can't figure out how Bill excluded AC as an option. [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

-John
Posted By: Bill Addiss Re: Poor Outdoor Installations - 06/25/04 08:59 PM
John,

Sorry, I didn't see your question.
I was just relaying what the person said in their email when the pics were sent in.

Bill
Posted By: Admin Re: Poor Outdoor Installations - 06/25/04 09:01 PM
I thought you might enjoy an update from my earlier submission from westgate shopping center.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Lostazhell Re: Poor Outdoor Installations - 06/27/04 03:51 AM
At least the first picture has improved! [Linked Image]

-Randy
Posted By: electure Re: Poor Outdoor Installations - 06/27/04 12:32 PM
Maybe the camera just couldn't pick up the monofilament fishing line attached to the skyhook that's holding up the EMT in the second to the last pic?? Or is it more of George C's "Invisidorf"? [Linked Image]
Posted By: Dave55 Re: Poor Outdoor Installations - 06/27/04 01:58 PM
I love the 2nd to last one with the set-screw connector. It's up there like a neon sign. I guess sometimes the right fitting isn"t on the truck & maybe nobody will see it, but that one is hard to miss.

Dave
Posted By: mvpmaintman Re: Poor Outdoor Installations - 06/28/04 12:55 AM
The really scary part of the cable pix is that the straps aren't painted like the building and cable are. I wonder what held it up before?#$!
© ECN Electrical Forums