ECN Forum
Posted By: Admin No Cover (oops!) - 05/18/04 03:11 PM
I found this while walking a new job I am starting today, luckily its is only feeding some outdoor cameras, all low voltage. Looks like when they were pulling the cable they forgot to go thru the 90, oops.

Jim (JCooper)
[Linked Image]
Posted By: electure Re: No Cover (oops!) - 05/18/04 11:10 PM
Looks like the guys that put in the cable knew something that the conduit installer didn't!! The 90° connector installed like this is a violation of 300.18(A), Raceway Installation, Complete Run.
It could be the bending radius of the "stupid" (only my personal thoughts 'cause I hate 'em) 90° conn. would have wrecked the cable's integrity.

I've seen a lot of this blue sealtite installed in computer rooms. I don't believe it is listed for outdoor use (UV trouble)

It still doesn't keep the water from coming in, though [Linked Image]
...S
Posted By: JCooper Re: No Cover (oops!) - 05/18/04 11:26 PM
Sorry for the poor resolution, its off a camera phone, that is outdoor rated sealtite. As for the bending radius I am not sure if there is any for low volt, but we poulled their stuff out which was two PVC RG-6 w/ messenger wire and a 22/4. One of the guys I was working with saw me trying to pull the cable out of the conduit and decided to film it while laughing his head off, laying on the floor, feet on the 1900 box and pulling till I was red in the face. I have no idea how they even got that cable in there. We only had to run an RG-59 and an 18/2 in the 3/4" sealtite. I will see if I can get a copy of that movie...
Posted By: Texas_Ranger Re: No Cover (oops!) - 05/19/04 07:09 PM
I'll throw in my 2 favorite guesses.
1.) _Loads_ of liquid soap?
2.) Pulled cable first and _then_ installed the conduit?
© ECN Electrical Forums