ECN Forum
Posted By: Admin Electrical Service Cage - 04/02/04 06:53 AM
Here are some photos of an electrical cage I passed by in a basement of a business one day.

Take a look at the zip cord coming out of a panel and going into a box with a broken timer. I know there are a few more things in these pics. I thought I just share something to talk about.

- Joe Velazquez
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: BigJohn Re: Electrical Service Cage - 04/02/04 07:34 AM
I think that municipalities should start requiring an additional sign to accompany the ones warning of electrical hazards. That sign should say:
Electrical Room - Keep Clear - No Storage

-John
Posted By: Lostazhell Re: Electrical Service Cage - 04/03/04 06:14 AM
"AMEN!" to that Big John!

I remember getting called out to one of the "membership bulk buy type stores" (ie. Sams Club, Costco, etc..)" & finding that they were using the cage that had a bulk of their panels for a "lock-up" area for their easy-to-shoplift high end merchandise... Full loaded racks were about 12" from the panel fronts [Linked Image] Just made my day!

In the 5th pic down, between the timers, is that staple penetrating the romex?!!? Not to mention being subject to damage... Not to mention in a commercial building?? Zip cord into a panel???

Hey Electure! I think "The Cord Guy"'s been moonlighting!!! [Linked Image]

-Randy
Posted By: SvenNYC Re: Electrical Service Cage - 04/03/04 03:13 PM
The toilet bowl in the cage is a nice touch. [Linked Image]

Wonder if it's actually hooked up or did they just toss it there for storage? [Linked Image]
© ECN Electrical Forums