ECN Forum
Posted By: electure Sign all wrong? - 03/02/04 12:42 PM
This sign caught my eye. It's been there a long time.

[Linked Image]

This is out, as you can see, right next to a busy sidewalk, but this is what I found interesting:

[Linked Image]

BTW, "Casa del Rey"= House of the King
"Hoy Baile y Show"= Today, Dance and Show.
[Linked Image] ...S

[This message has been edited by electure (edited 03-02-2004).]
Posted By: SvenNYC Re: Sign all wrong? - 03/02/04 02:49 PM
Go touch that outlet and you WILL have a "baile y show".

Now...when you see "dinning dancing cocktails" you know you've had too much to drink.
Posted By: Lostazhell Re: Sign all wrong? - 03/02/04 06:04 PM
Hey Scott... Was this taken south of the border?
-Randy
Posted By: electure Re: Sign all wrong? - 03/03/04 02:21 AM
It's North of Irvine, CA.
Sven!!
El baile de los muertos? = Dance of the Dead?

OK, I'll come clean. This is in Santa Ana, CA., where it takes forever to get through Plan Check.
(We've had plans spit out for corrections. After the 3rd revision, about 6 weeks,they were deemed OK. Then the field inspector came out, said that the job was done wrong, and said we had to do it the way we submitted the plans in the first place).

[This message has been edited by electure (edited 03-03-2004).]
Posted By: Lostazhell Re: Sign all wrong? - 03/03/04 05:05 AM
Obviously, electure & I have dealt with the same people in our county seat of government!!! This would be the same city that made me pipe a future 1" conduit to accessible attic space... on a SURFACE mount panel! The homeowner was thrilled with having unnecessary conduit going up his wall... Another note, if anyone does a panel changeout here... make sure you use a side-by-side panel.. Even if its overhead feed.. they won't accept it if it can't be underground fed.... The city has a plan to go underground with their utilities.. (Which there.. means it'll happen in oh... about 300 years!) Maybe this outlet will be fixed by then too! [Linked Image]

Looking at this closer... Is it just me or is there white paint on the plaster ears of that recept???? I wonder if that outlet was from some indoor location, removed & reused here... Not a good idea with those backwire only outlets!!! (not that they're a great idea when they're new!)
Posted By: Scott35 Re: Sign all wrong? - 03/03/04 11:39 AM
I was going to mention the "Overhead/Underground" Service Requirements on 1 Family Service Upgrades in Santa Ana, but Randy beat me to it...
[Linked Image]

AFAIK, Santa Ana is the only area in Orange County (possibly in So. Cal.) to still require this.

Scott35
Posted By: electure Re: Sign all wrong? - 03/06/04 04:12 PM
I don't think I'd let this place touch either of the hairs on my head [Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Here's another pair of sure winners

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by electure (edited 03-06-2004).]
© ECN Electrical Forums