ECN Forum
Posted By: Admin Just Give Us The Power ... - 03/08/03 03:58 AM
Just Give Us The Power;
(And we'll take it from there!)

I revisited a place where the vendor brought in a machine that I had issues with. I didn't want to connect it as it was sent. (Me, the Prima Donna, & troublemaker)., so I just put in a transformer and ran a supply to their disconnect.

Here's the results after they did their thing.

- Electure (Scott)
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: nesparky Re: Just Give Us The Power ... - 03/10/03 03:03 AM
Typical
I'll bet that if you discuss code issues with them you'll here the line " The NEC is for electricians only and since we are not electricians it does not apply to us." [Linked Image]
Posted By: HotLine1 Re: Just Give Us The Power ... - 03/10/03 08:16 PM
Scott:
Clearances?? Accessability??
Least someone installed the bollards to protect the compressor and transformer.

What's the story with/in the second pic?? I can't make out what it is? (Must be old age setting in)

Thanks
John
Posted By: electure Re: Just Give Us The Power ... - 03/11/03 02:07 AM
HotLine,
There's an old, existing 45 KVA transformer (originally installed correctly) under the rags.

[This message has been edited by electure (edited 03-10-2003).]
Posted By: Bjarney Re: Just Give Us The Power ... - 03/11/03 03:52 AM
nesparky — An end to that way of thinking may be to invite an OSHA representative to "translate" your message into something they might better understand—like some fines for their ill-advised handiwork.
Posted By: johnd24 Re: Just Give Us The Power ... - 05/03/03 09:48 PM
Looks like a webber conveyor system at a imm plant ????? If its webber he know's better !!
Posted By: nesparky Re: Just Give Us The Power ... - 05/05/03 06:47 AM
If the OSHA rep bothers to show up. No one hurt seriously or killed yet. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Admin Re: Just Give Us The Power ... - 05/20/03 09:55 PM
[Linked Image]
All's well that ends well. The yearly insurance inspection for this (big) company gave them 2 options = fix it or else. The guys (vendor) pictured here didn't call me names any more. They couldn't fix it.

They took their toys and went home...S
Posted By: nesparky Re: Just Give Us The Power ... - 05/24/03 11:23 PM
Scott
Hope you were not too loud when you were laughing at the jerk. [Linked Image]
Posted By: PCBelarge Re: Just Give Us The Power ... - 06/15/03 04:09 AM
I like the idea of calling OSHA, but completely agree they are out trying to nail bigger fines (injury, death - not pending death)

But how about the angle with the insurance companies? How would one go about that? Is it a waste of time and effort?

Pierre
© ECN Electrical Forums