ECN Forum
Posted By: Admin Temporary Transformer - 02/08/03 03:35 PM
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Isn't it about time they disconnect this thing?

- Scott (Electure)
Posted By: sparky Re: Temporary Transformer - 02/08/03 04:05 PM
looks like sombody had a Corona and thought about it.....
Posted By: Bjarney Re: Temporary Transformer - 02/08/03 09:24 PM
The plastic bags are a dead giveaway. Secretly, someone liked the idea of Joe's lemon-scented "marine" cord & receptacle so much they made an industrial version!

The construction-site “temporary” motif would be more authentic if the drytype was nailed to a beat-up wooden pallet with half-inch drive straps.
Posted By: Bjarney Re: Temporary Transformer - 02/08/03 11:36 PM
Then again, many dry-type transformers run so hot that they make a great place to bake a package of Quiky-Mart pastries and boil up a pot of coffee in no time. (I’ll be that’s what’s really in the plastic bags.)
Posted By: mamills Re: Temporary Transformer - 02/09/03 12:34 AM
I like the fact that someone took the time to label the Primary and Secondary sides of the transformer [Linked Image].

Mike (mamills)
Posted By: Scott35 Re: Temporary Transformer - 02/09/03 05:11 AM
I'm with Steve (Sparky)!

After 6 - 12 Coronas
What Were We Supposed To Do??? [Linked Image]

Scott35 S.E.T.
Posted By: SvenNYC Re: Temporary Transformer - 02/09/03 07:12 AM
It looks like a huge old refrigerator....the kind the grocery store uses for milk and ice cream (and beer). [Linked Image]

Is this on the roof of a building somewhere??
Posted By: TheRodge Re: Temporary Transformer - 02/09/03 01:04 PM
The rust stains on the concrete indicate that the "temporary" transformer has been there awhile. They also indicate that it gets wet or rained on.

I don't believe this enclosure is rated for wet locations.
Posted By: electure Re: Temporary Transformer - 02/09/03 02:15 PM
The rascals that did this could have seen Joe's floating TV cord. It's on a landing at the LA Convention Center just a couple of hundred feet from where Joe spoke! [Linked Image]
All rated NEMA 1 (until the trash bags and Ductape on the disconnects). Secondary ran through a hole in the wall to?? Apparently no GEC, either.
© ECN Electrical Forums